Should I file a grievance for disqualification

Robcoop30

I’ve been a driver for about a month now. There was a Tropical storm last week. I pulled my truck a little closer to the house I was delivering to because of the wind & rain. When I finished my delivery I backed up & hit a mailbox. I reported the accident immediately to my Supervisor and the homeowners. Now I am back in the building and my supervisor said I was disqualified from going back on the road. How can I be disqualified during peak season when they said we couldn’t even qualify right now? Should I file a grievance? I worked too hard to be back in the building already.

I’ve been a driver for about a month now. There was a Tropical storm last week. I pulled my truck a little closer to the house I was delivering to because of the wind & rain. When I finished my delivery I backed up & hit a mailbox. I reported the accident immediately to my Supervisor and the homeowners. Now I am back in the building and my supervisor said I was disqualified from going back on the road. How can I be disqualified during peak season when they said we couldn’t even qualify right now? Should I file a grievance? I worked too hard to be back in the building already.
Sorry try again next year

Yolo

Remember you have the next 50 years to drive a UPS truck. In the grand scheme of things starting a year later wouldn't be that bad.

robot

Has A Large Member
Remember you have the next 50 years to drive a UPS truck. In the grand scheme of things starting a year later wouldn't be that bad.
Until that :censored2:r right above you in seniority takes the vacation weeks ya wanted or the route ya want ☹️

nWo

We had a younger guy get DQd in our building. He was super upset about it. And ended up quitting. He had 4-5 years pt. He worked elsewhere for about 5 years and he just recently starting working at UPS again with the goal to become a driver. He essentially cost himself 10 years in building seniority.

robot

Has A Large Member
We had a younger guy get DQd in our building. He was super upset about it. And ended up quitting. He had 4-5 years pt. He worked elsewhere for about 5 years and he just recently starting working at UPS again with the goal to become a driver. He essentially cost himself 10 years in building seniority.
What a maroon

charm299

So….. you nosed in a driveway and didn’t back first?

Cheesypurpletees

Oh man that’s shi*ty. I would’ve given the homeowner a $100 bill with a guarantee to come back with a fresh 4x4 and a new mail box.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I was delivering to because of the wind & rain. When I finished my delivery I backed up & hit a mailbox.
DID THEY NOT TEACH YOU THE 5 RULES OF BACKING?

YOU ALWAYS BACK BEFORE MAKING THE DELIVERY!

I blame your accident on piss poor management training as well …do they even do the DOK anymore?

SMH
🧔‍♂️✊

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You’re blaming your accident on wind and rain from a tropical storm. This is an outdoor job. Sometimes it sucks. We are paid well to walk through the wind and rain and not make dumb decisions such as this. Sorry but you‘re out til next time.