Should I move on from UPS?

Should I quit?

• Total voters

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Find a good woman that will cook and clean. This job gets better with time as you get your own route and have get to top rate.
Forget about the cooking and cleaning. I would go more for throwing their legs in the air and those types of talents. You can always cook and clean for yourself....

Orion inc.

I like turtles
there is a book i read about 25 years ago that had a big influence called " Your Money Or Your Life " It puts things in perspective. it basically shows you that everything you buy takes up some of your life-time and makes you ask the question Is it worth it? Other than the necessities, it was not worth it for us.

even though i enjoyed driving feeder for ups i did not like management so this book helped me decide on LIFE instead of being bogged down with material things.

anyway, I am retired at a young age, house paid off, ton of money in 401k , and we take day trips or travel almost every week. we can do whatever we want and what we like to do does not take much money.

25 years of working for UPS went by in a flash. we learned to balance work with play during those years . work life never consumed us. now we do nothing but play. hopefully for the next 25-40 years.

check out that book. it's probably on amazon for a penny.
If only this were true that you put 25 years in at ups driving feeders, but you didn't. Your other posts claim less.

Do you even remember all the lies and stories correctly ?

9.5 everyday

I've been a full time driver for just over a mere 2 years. With the newest contract I've got another 2 before top pay. I'm in a northern state and winter is hell. Closest family is half of the country away. I'm only up here for my college girlfriend but looks like this relationship will end. I've already got another 11 guys under me in seniority and last month got my own route. It's a good route not going to lie. Would quitting and moving south away from the cold be worth it? I'm not happy living in this area but I'm afraid I won't find a job that can match pay and benefits elsewhere. Anyone else go through a similar situation?
There's a lot of good information being given to you here. But I think the best way to figure this out is to go old school. Grab a piece of paper and a pen. Jot down 10-15 likes and dislikes of the job. Think long term, benefits, pension, family, expenses, vacation ect. As well as long hours, weather, and wear and tear on the body. Take a good long at the list you've made. If it's still unclear, give each pro or con a point value of 1-5. 5 being very important. Tally your totals and see what side out weighs the other. Good luck. Hope this helps.