Should I record calls?

FilingBluesFL

Check your local and state laws first.

If your state or local is a TWO party consent, that means both parties on the line must consent to being recorded.

If not, you could be committing a FELONY.

SINGLE party consent, means only one person in the conversation has to know it's being recorded, and obviously that's the person doing the recording.

CHECK THE LAW FIRST.

35years

Gravy route

Siveriano

I really appreciate the info guys, and im really grateful for it. I check on NJ is not on the "All parties consent" which means is on the one party consent. Thanks a lot.

Dr.Brownz

Hello everyone.
Lately my manager had been on my rear more than before to the point to send me 3 messages in the time lapse of 10 minutes asking me to call the center, when i call him he started telling me that if he knew i was going to have so much overallowed he would had never gave me the job also he started telling me if he wanted to put me on arbitration i wouldn't last nothing and would get fire. he also say and i quote " You need to cut the bull:censored2: and do your job". So after this i download this program to record the calls from my phone and i just wanted to know if i could use it if needed.

Recording the call will probably get you fired.

I'd get with a steward and file for harrassment

Hello everyone.
Lately my manager had been on my rear more than before to the point to send me 3 messages in the time lapse of 10 minutes asking me to call the center, when i call him he started telling me that if he knew i was going to have so much overallowed he would had never gave me the job also he started telling me if he wanted to put me on arbitration i wouldn't last nothing and would get fire. he also say and i quote " You need to cut the bull:censored2: and do your job". So after this i download this program to record the calls from my phone and i just wanted to know if i could use it if needed.
Next time he asks you to call. Tell him this call is being recorded (without actually doing so)

That will more than likely shut him up

Good luck.

porkwagon

There is alot of good advise given to you in this thread. UPSTATE said maybe your manager has a point. Does he? When I started here a sense of urgency was required and was considered a method. Do not run, or skip your breaks, but you should work efficiently. I'm not saying you are not, but some don't and make waves. If you're by the book then you should be fine.

Siveriano

Yes im by the book. Im one of those that as soon as i start the route i just want to be home. I rush every day to be back at my house but some days its just not possible. either bad load bad traffic or just one of those bad days. yet this guy want me to burn every route he put me on but not just the route he add extra work. once the know a driver is not coming to work and they are going to give me X route they add extra work. I know this because i had seen it. Sometimes im early for work and i had seen how they bring this list to the line to take pcs of a truck to put on the one im doing. I love my job i really do but i think its unfair what they doing. while back when i was in the center for like 2 months i had a bad day the day after that the manager told me " They told me someone told you not to burn that route, so I want to hear it from you and its either you tell me now or your tell it to my boss" his boss being the Building manager.

AllOnTheHorses

I regularly go out with around 220 stops.. for whatever reason. after air is done, send a msg through the diad if you think you will not make it back to get your NDA pickups in on time. Beyond that, deliver whats on the truck and do not communicate with them. There is no reason to do so. Only use diad to communicate.

HardknocksUPSer

Follow the methods, make them contact you via the Diad board, message them and let them know if something isn't going to work out as soon as you get your air off, don't communicate to threats without a steward and stand up for your rights established by the contract, don't be a pushover, file on them and take your hour lunch every single day purely to piss them off. It's not your job to put your life at danger because someone doesn't know how to dispatch.

wayfair

swollen member
Yes im by the book. Im one of those that as soon as i start the route i just want to be home. I rush every day to be back at my house but some days its just not possible.

why would you take a driver's job knowing you will be out until 7PM???

Take your breaks and your full lunch and drive/work safe... sounds like you skip all of that.
You might end up like the driver in Texas that hit a pedestrian yesterday... chick was in a motorized wheel chair...

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Hello everyone.

There is always that one manager who leads this way...and that's why we have the union at UPS.

35years

Gravy route
One?
giphy.gif

JackStraw

Work hard, work safe, follow the methods. End of story. Next time you get a message to call, reply that you might be a while, that you have to go find a phone.

35years

Gravy route
Recording the call will probably get you fired.

I'd get with a steward and file for harrassment
-Wasn't there a poster on Brown Cafe years ago who got fired for recording a conversation in the office?
-Not sure if recording a phone call on your own personal phone would be the same thing.
-To the OP...Even if your state allows recording conversations with only one party's consent, you might be legally obligated to inform the other party before the conversation. Also UPS has rules about recording conversations (rules that may get you fired if they find out).

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
There is always that one manager who leads this way...and that's why we have the union at UPS.

I mean, if you want to get technical..

We have the Teamsters at UPS because Jim Casey thought they were a "safer" choice than other left coast unions around during a period of time where having an organized workforce was all but inevitable..