Should I work two shifts of loading?

UPS4Life

5 days of 8 hours alone is 15 more hours than you would get if you worked 5 hours a day for a week. Plus anything over 8 is overtime so say maybe an hour a day give or take. I don't see why you wouldn't want to make more money, especially if they need people.

Sent using BrownCafe App

AndUPSER

It's ot after 5 hours even if you double shift in the central. It's such easy money. If you don't have another job, I would go for it.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Are you allowed to make decisions for yourself?
My girlfriend tells me all the time I'm not.

OP if you have to ask strangers, you probably shouldn't. When I was hourly I loved doing it. We didn't have back to back sorts though. I would go in early for preload, work a couple hours. Go home take a shower. Go to class, take a nap, then go back for local sort and I'd walk in the door already on OT. It makes for a long day. But it's a great workout and the check was even better. Peak was the best. Would do 25 hours on local sort and another 25 on preload.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
5 days of 8 hours alone is 15 more hours than you would get if you worked 5 hours a day for a week. Plus anything over 8 is overtime so say maybe an hour a day give or take. I don't see why you wouldn't want to make more money, especially if they need people.

Sent using BrownCafe App
You may be right...if you get a break between shifts. I remember one time last year....I worked my preload shift...then hopped on a truck and went out as a helper. They passed me around between 2 drivers so I worked 15 hours (10 hrs OT) without a lunch. I was then shorted an a hour saying they had to put me in for a lunch. Screw that....if I didn't take a lunch because I couldn't...I'm not losing an hour that I worked.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Are you allowed to make decisions for yourself?

This new generation is not capable of that in general. The fault is helicopter parents. Last fall, a NJ college had to get a restraining order on a mother that was on campus following around her kid for weeks.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
This new generation is not capable of that in general. The fault is helicopter parents. Last fall, a NJ college had to get a restraining order on a mother that was on campus following around her kid for weeks.
"Moooom, I gotta go potty."
"Ok sweetie, I'll hold it for you again."
"Mooooom, should I work local sort tonight?"
"But sweetie, it's Taco Tuesday!"
"YAY!!!!!!"

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
images-1.jpeg