Should UPS drivers be allowed to have beards?

Should drivers be allowed to have beards?

• Total voters

spuman

I think drivers should be able to have beards and this is why.I can't speak for your center but at mine our pkg cars don't get cleaned in the cab,cargo area, and rarely a full body wash.For me the image arguement just don't hold up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think drivers should be able to have beards and this is why.I can't speak for your center but at mine our pkg cars don't get cleaned in the cab,cargo area, and rarely a full body wash.For me the image arguement just don't hold up.

I have yet to see a package car walk in the front door of a bank or lawyer's office.

IcoolerthnU

now to wake up a old thread....

I personally agree with others that the company should have a right for customer facing employees. But not otherwise.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
a full time driver in my center has a beard. He went to a dermatologist and got a letter which states that said driver suffers from painful ingrown hairs and UPS now allows him to keep a 1/4 of an inch beard

over9five

Staff member
So, basically this guy didn't even work for UPS. I would say we could cancel that contract at any time for any reason.

Welcome to Brown Cafe, IcoolerthnU!

moreluck

golden ticket member
All these guys who want beards....tell them OK, but you have to wear your beard in a hairnet like cooks have to do with the hair on their head. They'll shave and not ask about beards again.

LOL!!

P

Playdoe

It looks like five presidents had full beards, Lincoln, Grant, Hayes, Garfield and Harrison.

Presidents with facial hair:

Martin Van Buren - large mutton-chops
Abraham Lincoln - beard
Ulysses Grant - beard and mustache
Rutherford Hayes - beard and mustache
James Garfield - beard and mustache
Chester Arthur - mustache and sideburns
Grover Cleveland - mustache
Benjamin Harrison - beard and mustache
Theodore Roosevelt - mustache
William Taft - mustache

Maybe that is why our economy is in such bad shape....The dudes on the bills have beards....case solved!

P

Playdoe

Playdoe's top ten list why drivers should wear beards:

1.The company would have to rewrite the management tactics book: “Blame the messenger for everything,”to “Blame the Hairy messenger for everything.”

2.The company would loose money on its investments in Gillette, Schick, and other high dividend paying stocks that they receive at a 70% discount. (Make the number crunchers work hard for their money).

3.The company would have to pay a printer to change all of the appearance guideline signs.

4.Facial hair has been proven to be a natural defense against skin cancer.

5.Management would forfeit 100% control.

6.Management would have to learn everybody's name again.

7. Give management a new job function “did you see his beard? it is a millimeter too long, get a steward”.

8.Look at the fifty dollar bill...

9. They let some drivers have beards for medical reasons.

10. If one driver is allowed to wear a beard, then we all should have that choice.

klein

Für Meno :)
11 ) You promote the city hockey team during the play-offs. Big no no for players and die hard fans to shave during play-offs (brings bad luck).

P

Playdoe

Brown Beard

The pirate Brown Beard was being interviewed by a lady newspaper reporter who was looking for juicy stories of excitement and daring. She was taken with Brown Beard's long, full brown beard and the jagged look of him. She told Brown Beard, "I'm sure my readers would love to hear the tale behind your peg leg."
"Well, I was thrown from the ship during gale force winds, and before me mate could throw me a line, a shark bit me leg clean off."
The interviewer was sort of disappointed. "What about the hook at the end of your right arm?"
"I lost it in a sword fight with the Captain of the Guard."
Again the reporter was disappointed. "Certainly there's an exciting story about the patch on your eye?"
"One day, I was out on deck, and a bird flew over and crapped in me eye."
The reporter was amazed. "But why do you wear a patch?"
"Well, I'd only had me hook a couple of days."