Should you or Shouldn't you, tip your preloader?

rod

Retired 22 years
Think about it for a second----drivers make $33/hr (or more)----a $100 tip works out to 3 hours of work or just under $2/week.

Preloader gets $100.

Helper gets $50.

Mailman gets $20.

I used to tip the paper boy but I get my paper online because of delivery issues.

Mailmen here are not allowed to accept money tips. You can give them a 5 dollar gift card for MacDonalds but not 5 bucks cash. If you give them cash in the mailbox you get it back the next day with a pre-printed note stating that according to postal regulation 555.555 (or something like that) your mail carrier is not allowed to accept money tips. Once again---it must be different out east -----or you are full of BS about tipping your mailman.

Last edited:

leastbest

LeastBest
I tried to speak to management but their response was always, "No custom loads". No problem, I let them know I would need help with the 0/70 and I'd do my best. I made more money and everyone from management to customer was unhappy.

leastbest

LeastBest
I spoke to management repeatedly. Their response was, "No custom loads". No problem. I made more money and everyone from management to customers were unhappy because I couldn't do my job. I had to have another hourly meet me on the route to deliver and it would screw up my day. If it was loaded in the back I could deliver it myself. Oh well, it was their company.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Mailmen here are not allowed to accept money tips. You can give them a 5 dollar gift card for MacDonalds but not 5 bucks cash. If you give them cash in the mailbox you get it back the next day with a pre-printed note stating that according to postal regulation 555.555 (or something like that) your mail carrier is not allowed to accept money tips. Once again---it must be different out east -----or you are full of BS about tipping your mailman.
If mailman is dumb enough to let them know he got a cash tip, then their an idiot plain and simple.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I tried to speak to management but their response was always, "No custom loads". No problem, I let them know I would need help with the 0/70 and I'd do my best. I made more money and everyone from management to customer was unhappy.
Tell your loader? They tell us no custom loads too...but I do it all the time!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The mailman on my route,makes out like a bandit.
You like me make out like a bandit also for playing HOLLYWOOD lol. Made over 1200 bux last year from all my customers and I know you probably got me beat on your tips from your customers G man lol. Pays to take care of your customers. Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder get no tip from me lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
No...see post # 31...FT preload makes as much an hour as drivers.

You don't tip your loader anything?
Hmm that's interesting. Different all across the country. Here you never get the same loader all year long. You might get 3 different people loading your truck in 1 week. Never the same at my ghettoazz center. And they all freakin blow. Only loaders that are even worth anything are the old school loaders who actually know how to and use their commonsense like YOU DO :bigsmile2:lol.

PT Car Washer

I spoke to management repeatedly. Their response was, "No custom loads". No problem. I made more money and everyone from management to customers were unhappy because I couldn't do my job. I had to have another hourly meet me on the route to deliver and it would screw up my day. If it was loaded in the back I could deliver it myself. Oh well, it was their company.
So it is not the preloaders fault. Just him caught in the middle. Make the driver happy by not following directions and risk a thankless job or just go along with what management tells you.