Show up on time, Give it my all and what does UPS do???

Poop Head

Judge me.
Is anyone else concerned about the driver that delivers to his parents house? I fear this whole thing may end with a crossbow "accident"

Orion inc.

I like turtles
That's funny turd, did we talk in person, or something? Last I checked you couldn't detect tone over a forum post. Do I have an attitude? IDK would you have an attitude if you got lied to or do you just take it like a good little boy? Hmmmmm......I suspect the later. All you life long UPS workers are hilarious. Happy New Year to you . I love you all. :youreright:.....I'm just an old, whiney, little byotch boy that's ripe for the pickens cuz I'm new. Guess I deserve my job at Mc Donalds flipping burgers. I have no doubt that all you keyboard warriors would change your tune if we were to meet in person. Sitting back in your recliner that you purchased at Ollies on your laptop or tablet that you borrowed from your daughter must be a rewarding way to spend the evenings. I suggest reading some non fiction, self improvement books and then perhaps you'll understand morals, ethics and why on earth you would ever put up with the mistreatment that you do day in and day out.

I myself, am not reporting to work tomorrow b/c they have no work for me to do. Guess I am a sucker for believing a man 10 years my senior that I was hired for a permanent part time position. Oh well, he's the one that has to live with being a spineless , cowardly liar. I myself, have greater things in life to accomplish. Why? bc I am a man of value and am way better than this job. Happy New year everyone. I will miss the friends I've made on Brown cafe, but since I guess I don't really work for these guys anymore then it's time for me to move on and abandon the forum. Best of luck to all of you in 2017. This world is filled with abundance and wasting any more time venting on the forum would be a waste of precious energy. I have moved on, accepted my fate of being used like a piece of toilet paper and flushed down the toilet. At least, in the future, I won't have to deal with liars in HR and insecure sups in my hub nor listen to derogatory comments, or dispute my paychecks, or sneak my 10 minute breaks or pay my union dues. Oh and I will get to take my family vacation this summer too. Won't have to wait a full year. Peace. Don't worry the package car door won't hit me on the way out.8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)

PS.....do i return my picture ID or do I keep the souvenir? Thinking Maybe I will be called back for next peak:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

PPS I did meet some nice, cool people while I was working at the hub. I will say the individuals that have been there the longest were some of the nicest and most honest. I will miss them

First step is to get over yourself and your giant narcissist ego.

Second step is to pull your big boy pants up, grow up and get on with your life.

Dr.Brownz

^The Residents? By being a music connoisseur (read: not listening to the same 5 bands the radio or MTV told you were "good" bands; by actually listening to music instead of buying into the persona of the performer, also sold to you on MTV)

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
....."We don't need you today. Go Home!!!!"

Hired as a Permanent Part Time Employee!!!!!! Left my family early yesterday to arrive to work on time (3am) and that's what I am greeted with this morning. Got sent home and reprimanded by a supervisor like it was my fault for showing up. :censored2: you UPS!!!!!!! I hope you go out of business!!!!
Nobody cares Quit we don't want you

CleverNameHere

If this "slave" life were to be offered to you on a permanent basis , you would accept it in a heartbeat.

Speak for yourself. Plenty of good jobs at ups so I feel for the guy but I'm tired of seeing people glorify and defend package driving. Its the worst non management position you can put yourself in within the company period. Too much harassment too much overtime too many rules, methods and ways to get nailed on the slightest friend-up. You can bust your arse and wear your body and mind down quick or be a 12 hour milker with no social or family life. After two years I for one said "no more."

All you butt hurt seasonals, I can understand your pain. But you dodged one big bullet. Grin and bear it and move on. Slavery is slavery no matter the wage. 36 bucks an hour is not worth life and limb.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Speak for yourself. Plenty of good jobs at ups so I feel for the guy but I'm tired of seeing people glorify and defend package driving. Its the worst non management position you can put yourself in within the company period. Too much harassment too much overtime too many rules, methods and ways to get nailed on the slightest friend-up. You can bust your arse and wear your body and mind down quick or be a 12 hour milker with no social or family life. After two years I for one said "no more."

All you butt hurt seasonals, I can understand your pain. But you dodged one big bullet. Grin and bear it and move on. Slavery is slavery no matter the wage. 36 bucks an hour is not worth life and limb.

Time to hike your skirt up and
Move On

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

I can honestly say, after three years FT, that has not been my experience. I clock in, do the job the way I was trained, and clock out. No harassment, and it doesn't feel like slavery at all.

It could be that your management team is the problem. Or it could just be you...

CleverNameHere

I'm not wired to spend 10 or more hours a day to do what should be a simple job to a "t" because of an overboard workload + "methods." You must have a chillax management team and Im happy for you. I was putting up great numbers; by the same token I screwed up in the least and I had to hear about it far worse than any methods milker. I wised up and saw my options.. 8-9 hour days at risk of injury or incidents, or a lifetime of living in a brown truck 50+ hours a week while still gradually wearing my body out. So, I reiterate, I put my money where my mouth is and I DONT DRIVE ANYMORE. So I'm not just some whiny unhappy problem worker. I took a risk. Who wears the skirt is the philosophical debate; the guy who puts his head down and dreams aside or the guy who risks to chase those dreams on his own terms. I'm not saying either way is necessarily right. Its honestly a good conversation.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I'm not wired to spend 10 or more hours a day to do what should be a simple job to a "t" because of an overboard workload + "methods." You must have a chillax management team and Im happy for you. I was putting up great numbers; by the same token I screwed up in the least and I had to hear about it far worse than any methods milker. I wised up and saw my options.. 8-9 hour days at risk of injury or incidents, or a lifetime of living in a brown truck 50+ hours a week while still gradually wearing my body out. So, I reiterate, I put my money where my mouth is and I DONT DRIVE ANYMORE. So I'm not just some whiny unhappy problem worker. I took a risk. Who wears the skirt is the philosophical debate; the guy who puts his head down and dreams aside or the guy who risks to chase those dreams on his own terms. I'm not saying either way is necessarily right. Its honestly a good conversation.
The job is not for everyone. What are you doing now?

CleverNameHere

Its not you are completely right. I had to accept my own limitations to move on. I was able to move to overnights (night sort/preload) so I didn't leave entirely. At the same time I have more day hours and weekends free to pursue a business pursuit in a field I've always had talent/passion for. It may not go the way I want I accept that. But in package I had zero time or energy and that was killing me. Although I performed the job well and enjoyed some of the customers, etc. It just wasn't for me, as you said.

Fan

I'm just surprised that they asked a new hire go home. What we're doing here is to get the seniors home and keep new hires,whose pay rate is at least 50% less.