Sick Days

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Blazian81, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Blazian81

Blazian81 Member

Can you roll over sick days from contract to contract cause I got a coworker that show me his check showing he got 21 sicks days?

2. I can roll mine also. It depends on your local supplement.

3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

What are sick days? Central Region, You don't come to work, you don"t get paid.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. You got Option 3 days s don't you?

5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

We get 2 optional days a year and an optional week which is like another weeks vacation.

6. I get 5 sick days and five personal days

7. Blazian81

Blazian81 Member

Ok cause in my local 71 someone told me that you couldn't roll sick day from contract to contract, just only within that contract your in

8. I've never had an issue with that. Not that I save that many.

9. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Where I was, you couldn't roll sick days from year to year, let alone contract to contract. If you had any left over at the end of the year, they would just pay you for them. I never saw that check.

10. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

WDFD...No really,must be nice.

11. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

5 after 40 years

12. Perhaps

13. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Not in my local. We get a check.

14. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Strange. Your supplmental say they can accumulate them but for sick or injury while under doctor care. Don't see anything about a time frame really.
    Screenshot_20200123-144916_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

15. Sporhwhore

Sporhwhore Member

We get 5 sick 5 personal.... 5 sick can be carried over until end of contract

16. MattM

MattM Active Member

8.5 years worth of sick days can be accumulated around my way.

We get 7 days per year. So it’s about 60 days we can max out at before we get paid out.

All depends on your supplements. We get 5 option and 5 option week days as well. Plus vacation. Hell of a positive for PT work.

17. Grey

Grey Active Member

You never get sick?

18. Baba gounj

Baba gounj You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!

Caution always use sick days , payroll treats it as a regular day's pay, however if you get a check at the end of the contract year for used sick days it will be treated as a gift and you will be subject to a higher tax rate. ( meaning you will receive less money )

19. I never got a check for used sick days:raspberry:

20. Rack em

Rack em First to worst!

We can bank up to 75 days of sick time, not sure why so high because no way anyone is saving that much. But I didn't use hardly any when I was PT so all those hours I gained at like $9.50 are now worth $37.63 which is pretty sweet. We get 6 sick days a year so I try to plan some Vegas trips in February and October and just call out Wed, Thur, Fri so I get a nice 5 day weekend to go blow my money on hookers and cocaine.