Sick Days

Sporhwhore

Personal and sick rolled over here which usually just sick and always nothing during contact year which it was this year… guess it depends on the local 🤷‍♂️

BrownSnowFlake

I'll try to be a jackass but like how does anybody who's been here for a few years do not know what's going on?
200 page contract with different supplements and riders all over the country, UPS makes zero effort to explain benefits to new hires (can’t blame them when so many quit in the middle of their first shift), local union halls that don’t even answer the phone

When I was PT I moved states and was able to transfer my job to a different building. The new building doesn’t have sick days, you just don’t get paid if you call off. Maybe you can burn an option day if you really need the money, idk and idc. I’ve been carrying around 5 sick days on the bottom of my paycheck for years now. Maybe UPS will cash them out when I retire or get fired

200 page contract with different supplements and riders all over the country, UPS makes zero effort to explain benefits to new hires (can’t blame them when so many quit in the middle of their first shift), local union halls that don’t even answer the phone

When I was PT I moved states and was able to transfer my job to a different building. The new building doesn’t have sick days, you just don’t get paid if you call off. Maybe you can burn an option day if you really need the money, idk and idc. I’ve been carrying around 5 sick days on the bottom of my paycheck for years now. Maybe UPS will cash them out when I retire or get fired
We can request a payoff here.