Sick of hearing from customers, "working late, huh?"

Holydriver

You also have to realize, you would never make the same $ anywhere else doing the same job. The reality of this industry is you can't have your cake and eat it too. You ultimately have to choose what is most important to you. Time or $.
what good is all the money if you dont have the time to spend it? oh, saving for retirement? what good is all that money thats saved when you dont get to use it until youre old and handicapped?

JL 0513

what good is all the money if you dont have the time to spend it? oh, saving for retirement? what good is all that money thats saved when you dont get to use it until youre old and handicapped?

At least we have the weekends free for activities. We live in a retail economy in which the single most common job is working in a store. On the weekends. The second most common job is working in a restaurant, on the weekends.

wayfair

swollen member
Along with winter's short daylight comes this constant comment from customers. It's one thing if it's after 8, but I'm hearing it in the 5 o'clock hour. Just because it's dark doesn't mean it's late people. I don't have bankers hours like you. So for 3 hours a day I have to respond. I often say "always". In July, if I have a long day and it's 8pm I never hear it. Because it's still light out.

What do you guys say?

"no, it's early."

MAKAVELI

Like I said, you are the highest paid in the industry, there is something you have to be willing to trade for that $. You can always just quit and go work at McDonald's, where you'll have all the free time you want.;)

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yes but for the most part this is volume that we wouldn't have.
So if we didn't have sure post the company would be bankrupted...I'm pretty sure that fedex could beat in pricing most of the time do if that was the case we should have been out of business 10 years ago... I think sure post started out as something ups had to do now it has grown into something else...just like telematics...company is great at abusing things

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't hate on us lazy people!
f44.jpg

Holydriver

Probably should quit now.
Nah, I'm not a :censored2:. I'll finish a degree first. Then I'll get easy work and live. Thing is, to some money is everything. To others, money is something. Id gladly trade a 50k job and have 15 more free hours a week plus almost unlimited energy than hoelw I currently live. I'm a friend-ing single parent and UPS seems to think their numbers are more important than my life. Wrong