Signature required for toilet paper.

Est.1998

I had a lot of off campus college housing on my route and I remember one time when I knocked on the door and the resident, who happened to be from NYC, asked me (through the door) if I was the POH-LICE! I guess I have an intimidating knock. :)
My route has a campus housing.
What I learned for delivering to such places:
1. Unless it's NDA, never attempt before 1pm
2. Knock long and loudly
3. Be cautious of the college kids that walk in the street next to the sidewalk designed to keep them safe all while wearing headphones.
4. If no response, DR pkgs because college kids rarely go to the access points.

Utility81

Yep. But that’s all you really need.

i would like to see numbers on driver follow ups.
I’ve had a few follow ups on Jordan’s in the hood. Kids Jordan’s at that. Like it’s not enough that I, as an adult have to blow my government handout on Jordan’s. I’ve gotta buy my 7 kids Jordan’s also. By the way, do you have my EBT card? Don’t have money for food around here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My route has a campus housing.
What I learned for delivering to such places:
1. Unless it's NDA, never attempt before 1pm
2. Knock long and loudly
3. Be cautious of the college kids that walk in the street next to the sidewalk designed to keep them safe all while wearing headphones.
4. If no response, DR pkgs because college kids rarely go to the access points.

I DR'd all the time------very few claims. I did have to buy some kid a new pair of sneakers that he claimed he never received. $25/check for 6 weeks.

Est.1998

I knew of one that had to pay for taking a check instead of a money order,check bounced ,driver had to pay it off.
That's messed up!
COD's really shouldn't be a thing.
I firmly believe the order should be paid for prior to delivery. I'm not a cashier or debt collector.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Really? I've yet to pay anything for a claim. I thought drivers paying out their checks was an old wives tale.

No, it happens. They will work out an equitable deal with the driver on a repayment plan based on the value of the package a weekly payment that is deemed to be fair.

They usually do not ask for more than $50/week.

The sneakers were valued at $150. $25/week for 6 weeks. Coded as Bad DR on pay stub.
You have to actually sign a legal document before entering in to the repayment schedule.

The LP guy that came up from Albany was almost apologetic about it as he had reviewed my record on the drive up and saw that it was nearly spotless.

Scuderia

No, it happens. They will work out an equitable deal with the driver on a repayment plan based on the value of the package a weekly payment that is deemed to be fair.

They usually do not ask for more than $50/week.

The sneakers were valued at $150. $25/week for 6 weeks. Coded as Bad DR on pay stub.
You have to actually sign a legal document before entering in to the repayment schedule.

The LP guy that came up from Albany was almost apologetic about it as he had reviewed my record on the drive up and saw that it was nearly spotless.

Man just when you think this job couldn’t get anymore stressful.

My hub co-worker, who has 3 more years than me, told me he got fired because management ordered him to throw packages over a business’s fence instead of sheeting as missed. Business caught him on camera, fired immediately. Luckily it was a diad message sent to every driver with missed business, and someone took a picture of it.

He got his job back 6 months later. He already had another job. They offered him back pay (about $30K), but he turned it down, because he didn’t want a target on his back.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Man just when you think this job couldn’t get anymore stressful.

My hub co-worker, who has 3 more years than me, told me he got fired because management ordered him to throw packages over a business’s fence instead of sheeting as missed. Business caught him on camera, fired immediately. Luckily it was a diad message sent to every driver with missed business, and someone took a picture of it.

He got his job back 6 months later. He already had another job. They offered him back pay (about $30K), but he turned it down, because he didn’t want a target on his back.
I have a residential customer with a sign on their door to "throw packages over side gate" which is about 8 foot tall. I always front door their stuff because I don't want to end up on video throwing someone's stuff even though they said to. The driver you mentioned is an idiot in this case, I would have sheeted missed and politely told management to piss off.

I’ve had a few follow ups on Jordan’s in the hood. Kids Jordan’s at that. Like it’s not enough that I, as an adult have to blow my government handout on Jordan’s. I’ve gotta buy my 7 kids Jordan’s also. By the way, do you have my EBT card? Don’t have money for food around here.
And the same people lose them constantly, so they have $25 deducted off their card to have it next day air to them