Signature required for toilet paper.

Scuderia

I have a residential customer with a sign on their door to "throw packages over side gate" which is about 8 foot tall. I always front door their stuff because I don't want to end up on video throwing someone's stuff even though they said to. The driver you mentioned is an idiot in this case, I would have sheeted missed and politely told management to piss off.

This was shortly after he passed probation. So still in that wide eyed panic rookie mode. He claims he got caught up in a flavor of the month deals, where management was asked to reduce their staffing. So he was easy pickings.

Whither

Scofflaw
Man just when you think this job couldn’t get anymore stressful.

My hub co-worker, who has 3 more years than me, told me he got fired because management ordered him to throw packages over a business’s fence instead of sheeting as missed. Business caught him on camera, fired immediately. Luckily it was a diad message sent to every driver with missed business, and someone took a picture of it.

He got his job back 6 months later. He already had another job. They offered him back pay (about $30K), but he turned it down, because he didn’t want a target on his back.

Wait -- he returned to the job but declined the back pay?

To my mind this whole situation sounds like the recipe for a nice, long, paid vacation (provided you have $ saved) :lol:

Whither

Scofflaw
I have a residential customer with a sign on their door to "throw packages over side gate" which is about 8 foot tall. I always front door their stuff because I don't want to end up on video throwing someone's stuff even though they said to. The driver you mentioned is an idiot in this case, I would have sheeted missed and politely told management to piss off.

I have a similar situation at a resi that's sometimes on my route. Locked gate, tall fence. But they have a small 'pkg chute'. Spoke with the customer last week, they told me any pkgs that don't fit can be tossed over the fence. I laughed and told him, "No, I'm not going to toss a bulky pkg over your fence."

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
sketch-1590028232464.png

When I had a customer that request this, I actually use a rain bag like a rope to lower their parcel over the fence

But, a few customers will actually provide the gate code for delivery people:

sketch-1569881295955.png

Last edited:

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Love that your software identifies the MILFs for you.

Heh, good eye... I'm in a new terminal and they don't have enough of these new scanners yet.

With so much peak like volume, extra drivers and rental vehicles, I volunteered to use their older star 4 boards

@Old Man Jingles my guess, FXG gave them better rates to underbid UPS.

I'm still waiting for your sales team to win chewy back!

Whither

Scofflaw
Heh, good eye... I'm in a new terminal and they don't have enough of these new scanners yet.

With so much peak like volume, extra drivers and rental vehicles, I volunteered to use their older star 4 boards

@Old Man Jingles my guess, FXG gave them better rates to underbid UPS.

I'm still waiting for your sales team to win chewy back!

Nah, y'all keep Chewy, we've got plenty of work already. Didn't punch out til nearly 9p last night. 233 stops/~100 miles. And that's after an air driver took about 30 off me.

Years ago I used to work as a valet at a large outdoor mall. The accounts were upscale restaurants. Company bought walkie-talkies so we could move staff around more easily, etc. No sooner than we got em one of my coworkers invented a code to let us know each time a MILF passed by his stand. You'd suddenly hear a high-pitched baby voice over the air saying "MAMA!" :lol:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nah, y'all keep Chewy, we've got plenty of work already. Didn't punch out til nearly 9p last night. 233 stops/~100 miles. And that's after an air driver took about 30 off me.

Years ago I used to work as a valet at a large outdoor mall. The accounts were upscale restaurants. Company bought walkie-talkies so we could move staff around more easily, etc. No sooner than we got em one of my coworkers invented a code to let us know each time a MILF passed by his stand. You'd suddenly hear a high-pitched baby voice over the air saying "MAMA!" :lol:

It's amazing what amuses the simpleminded.

BrownStains

I actually did have a toilet paper Amazon delivery yesterday that was a signature required. I couldn’t believe it. Nobody answered, it got sent to the cvs access point .