Signed info notice steps.

Arch

A driver yesterday left an NI1 info notice at a customer door. Today I went to the house and the info notice was signed. What am I suppose to do on the diad? Just drop off the package and sign it myself?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They didn't teach me any of that. I've asked a driver when I got off but forgot what he told me.

I just sign it as if I was a customer and drop it off.

You probably should have pre-recorded the stop, stuck the info notice in your pocket and found a supervisor to show you the procedure when you got in.

DiRt BAG

Their training sucks!! Memorize a buncha useless crap go out on a route blind...what R the 8 keys to lifting n lowering? Get chased by a friend’n German Shepherd...what do you do if a pkg is leaking? They cut routes and you’re late for 3 pick ups...only walk in designated walkways!! Business is pissed cuz Orion has you delivering at 4:45 and their p/u is at 4:30...where do you meet in a non-emergency situation? IHATETHISSHEET

All Good Kids Like Milk

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
A driver yesterday left an NI1 info notice at a customer door. Today I went to the house and the info notice was signed. What am I suppose to do on the diad? Just drop off the package and sign it myself?
What are you signing? The signed note is the signature. Who signed the note?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Forging signatures is not a good idea ever. Some packages like Apple you can use a signed InfoNotice and some you can't. Never take a signed note for wine or any other adult signature required package.

tadpole

“Del” soft key. Then on the screen where it says NO DR ALLOWED push the “SDN” soft key. Then clarify signature. Then stop complete.

iruhnman630

They didn't teach me any of that. I've asked a driver when I got off but forgot what he told me.

I just sign it as if I was a customer and drop it off.
Hope you enjoyed your time with UPS.

That will get you fired every time if the customer complains.

Never Ever Ever sign!. It is a CRIME to falsify a record, not just a UPS rule.

iruhnman630

I would recommend you telling your supe what you did and asking how to do a proper sdn release.

That is the best way to avoid a possible problem.

bddaddy

"Signature required" means you must get a signature from the house. "No dr" means either a signature or the signed info notice. Don't ever sign the board unless you plan to start looking for a job somewhere else.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I think everyone is missing that this was probably a signature required package and signing the infonotice does nothing.
OP: When you have a sig req package and are leaving an infonotice, check off the "someone must be here" box and then circle "someone must be here" then write VOID over the part on the back where they sign so they understand they have to be there and can't sign the paper.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I think everyone is missing that this was probably a signature required package and signing the infonotice does nothing.
OP: When you have a sig req package and are leaving an infonotice, check off the "someone must be here" box and then circle "someone must be here" then write VOID over the part on the back where they sign so they understand they have to be there and can't sign the paper.
Then they just sign the area for the access point. I don’t do all that stuff you mentioned anymore. If these dumbasses can order something online, they can comprehend an info notice. If they refuse to acknowledge what has been left for them, then they deserve another one the next day.

BrownThunder

I see where bro is coming from but laying your career in a customer's hands is just not something I'm comfortable with.

Ni1, Ni2, Ni3. Put it on the customer to either be available or set up a same day will call. No one stop is worth your career.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Just bring the dog food back with all the other missing stops and I will load up whatever was stuck between the bins and crammed under the belt from the day before lol.