Silly Customer Complaints

clean hairy

This happened to me the other evening when I was out eating Dinner at at a place I frequent.
Most folks there know I work at UPS, I guess one of them pointed a Stranger my direction.
This guy asks me
"Why do you try to deliver during the day when everyone is at work?"
My answer was short and simple
"You want we should ring your bell and knock on your door at 3 AM instead, when we KNOW you are home?"
He walked away mumbling to himself!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This happened to me the other evening when I was out eating Dinner at at a place I frequent.
Most folks there know I work at UPS, I guess one of them pointed a Stranger my direction.
This guy asks me
"Why do you try to deliver during the day when everyone is at work?"
My answer was short and simple
"You want we should ring your bell and knock on your door at 3 AM instead, when we KNOW you are home?"
He walked away mumbling to himself!

You were far more polite than I would have been.

I would have simply looked at him, pointed at my food and looked away.

Kmac

Of course, complaints soon to be posted.
"I have been waiting for an item, and it got tied up in Buffalo. It only snowed a couple of days, and they should know how to drive in snow!
It is now a week past due, I paid for service they refuse to give! I want to know why they won't give my package!"
Of course, this is someone in Southern Calif who will be posting this!
Saw a post on the UPS Facebook page today complaining about not getting their stuff. Posted from a lady in Buffalo.

clean hairy

There is a recent one on pissed consumer as well.
"I understand weather can cause delays, but where is my package?"
Then, this person goes on to claim it is big business having no regard for the customer!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
One of the benefits of having a rural route is that people who live in the country tend to have less of a sense of entitlement and tend to me more practical and pragmatic about what to expect regarding deliveries. I have yet to have one of my rural customers complain about their packages not getting delivered during a snowstorm; many of them will even call in and warn us not to try coming up their driveway and are more than happy to meet me at a safer location and even use their 4x4's to take packages for their neighbors. Where the city person might complain about waiting an extra day for their package, the country person is firing up their tractor to come pull me out of a snow drift or a ditch and inviting me in the house for coffee and a seat by the woodstove.

clean hairy

Seriously?
look it up on the wesite.
Did not realize the first word was a bad one which is frowned upon.
Sorry Mods!
The first word is when you do a #1 with the letters ed added to it, second word is consumer. the extension is dotcom
put ups in the searchbox and should be one of the first 6 or 8 on there.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
look it up on the wesite.
Did not realize the first word was a bad one which is frowned upon.
Sorry Mods!
The first word is when you do a #1 with the letters ed added to it, second word is consumer. the extension is dotcom
put ups in the searchbox and should be one of the first 6 or 8 on there.
Oh I didn't doubt you at all. I have been driving for over 27 years and it never ceases to amaze me the idiocy of some people out there. I once had a women say that my loaded package car should stop quicker than an empty one because it is heavier. Guess she was absent when they taught Newton's law of motion.

MaDBaLL

Some I have seen on Internet complaint sites:
"UPS sent my package to an old address I have not lived at for over 5 yrs"
Answer: The Shipper used an old address they have on file, we do not decide what address to send it to.

"I work all day, and am not home, they refuse to deliver after 7PM when I am home"
Answer: The Drivers work all day as well, have it delivered to your work where you can get it"

"The Driver was knocking on my door and ringing the bell at 8PM, I go to bed at 6PM, I have to be up at 2AM for work. Why can't they deliver earlier in the day?"
Answer: You can't win for losing!

"The Driver claims they delivered my package, but looked everywhere and it is not anywhere to be found. I want my package!"
Answer: It very well could have been stolen.

What are some of the complaints you have read of or had?

I pull up to a ghetto to deliver a ground to a man. He looks enraged at me. He yells, "You know how long I be waiting for this car part?!"
I have no idea what you're talking about, sir.
"How long it take your friend@@@kin' company to make this?!"

The story is, it was a customized part by a manufacturer that took a monff to build.

Apparently we build the Car parts now.

clean hairy

How many of you have had those times you can't win no matter what you do?
"Driver put a time of 3-5 PM for my second attempt. Didn't show up until 6:30!"
And, conversly "driver left a notice with no window of time for a second attempt, so I had to sit home all day!"
This one, also.
"Driver didn't knock, just walked up and left a notice"
The other end of the spectrum,
"I had just gotten my Baby to fall asleep for a nap, and the Driver knocked so loud, it woke the Baby up!! Why do they have to knock so loud???"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I pull up to a ghetto to deliver a ground to a man. He looks enraged at me. He yells, "You know how long I be waiting for this car part?!"
I have no idea what you're talking about, sir.
"How long it take your friend@@@kin' company to make this?!"

The story is, it was a customized part by a manufacturer that took a monff to build.

Apparently we build the Car parts now.

Racial stereotype?

beentheredonethat

I will have to try that for those addresses. Thanks.

On a side note, I find myself saying "let me do my damn job" when I see those "E's" and the customer telling me where to leave their stuff. I especially like the ones who ask that I leave it around the back when there is a perfectly safe DR location right by their front door. I'm sure it ends up on a report but I will override their selection if I feel I can safely leave it by their front door.
As a customer of Mychoice, I like the fact I can indicate where it should be placed. I have a small farmers porch (covered) that is a good DR. I had drivers sometimes leave it there, sometimes in the garage, sometimes outside the garage door (very little cover from rain), sometimes by the front door. It was a bit frustrating playing hide and seek for my packages. I like that the driver places it in the same spot. As a side note, to another comment I have a doorbell that works and more then 1/2 the time the doorbell is not utilized (nor knock). Not a huge deal, but it's not following methods.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As a customer of Mychoice, I like the fact I can indicate where it should be placed. I have a small farmers porch (covered) that is a good DR. I had drivers sometimes leave it there, sometimes in the garage, sometimes outside the garage door (very little cover from rain), sometimes by the front door. It was a bit frustrating playing hide and seek for my packages. I like that the driver places it in the same spot. As a side note, to another comment I have a doorbell that works and more then 1/2 the time the doorbell is not utilized (nor knock). Not a huge deal, but it's not following methods.

I would agree if the homes in question had more than one entrance but the 3 primary MyChoice stops that I have are apartments/condos with only one door. So, when I see the E and DR FD, it's like, "no :censored2: ".

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I would agree if the homes in question had more than one entrance but the 3 primary MyChoice stops that I have are apartments/condos with only one door. So, when I see the E and DR FD, it's like, "no :censored2: ".
On the other hand, I have a my choice customer the just says "porch." They have three different porches.