Silly Customer Complaints

clean hairy

Another Can't win situation.
"I live in apartment, and the idiot Driver left my item at the Apartment Office! I waisted all day waiting for delivery! I paid for delivery to my apartment!"

"The Driver claims my item was delivered. They should know to not leave it outside my Apartment, as anyone can steal it! Why don't the Drivers deliver to the Apartment Office where it is safe?"

porkwagon

To be honest at first I was trying to help him and explain what he needs to do. Then after it was clear that he was going to keep blaming me I started enjoying the show. Even laughed a few times. That didn't help the situation but it sure felt good. :)
I've done that several times. it's been a while though brother.

One time I had a guy that was home and i'm guessing in the bathroom... Package has to be signed for im banging on the door ringing the doorbell dog barking his head off... 15min down the road center calls and makes me go back cause guy says I didn't knock or ring bell just left notice and drove off.... :angry:...

overallowed

had that one before on a couple items..."well women on the phone said you would assemble (item) when you delivered it" ........not alot but a few times to keep me grinning!
Years ago when I was in package, I delivered 2 packages from Sauder (heavy) to a retired couple on my route and they asked me if I would be interested in assembling them. Told them I just deliver them and couldn't do it now. Anyway, to make a long story short, I said I would do it for $50, thinking it would scare them off. Went back on Saturday morning and assembled them both and they gave me $100. They thought I meant $50 apiece.

rod

Retired 22 years
Years ago when I was in package, I delivered 2 packages from Sauder (heavy) to a retired couple on my route and they asked me if I would be interested in assembling them. Told them I just deliver them and couldn't do it now. Anyway, to make a long story short, I said I would do it for $50, thinking it would scare them off. Went back on Saturday morning and assembled them both and they gave me $100. They thought I meant $50 apiece.

I've had a couple pieces of Ikea furniture that might have been worth 50 buck to have someone else assemble.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a customer who ran a business on Main St in Lake Placid. They received a large shipment of furniture for the store which they wanted brought to their home, which was not on my delivery route. They even offered me $40 to do it. I declined and made the delivery as addressed.

dezguy

Back in my earlier years, Whirpool was sending out warranty repairs for dishwashers. We'd get 10 of these things a day, minimum. I swear 75% of the people we delivered these things to were expecting us to deliver and do the repair. I can clearly remember one old lady who got so upset that I wasn't going to repair her dishwasher, she looked like she was on the verge of tears. Sorry, ma'am. You'll have to call Whirlpool to set that up. I just drive it out to you and make you sign for it.

clean hairy

Of course, complaints soon to be posted.
"I have been waiting for an item, and it got tied up in Buffalo. It only snowed a couple of days, and they should know how to drive in snow!
It is now a week past due, I paid for service they refuse to give! I want to know why they won't give my package!"
Of course, this is someone in Southern Calif who will be posting this!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Of course, complaints soon to be posted.
"I have been waiting for an item, and it got tied up in Buffalo. It only snowed a couple of days, and they should know how to drive in snow!
It is now a week past due, I paid for service they refuse to give! I want to know why they won't give my package!"
Of course, this is someone in Southern Calif who will be posting this!
Rumor has it....there are hundreds of loads upstate that didn't make it this week....we are sooo screwed on Monday...lol

S

selfcancelsignal

Lady comes out screaming at me yesterday, "Can you back up before you take off? I don't want you to tear that tree branch off." I said, "If I back up, I'll tear it off. I'll just slowly pull forward." It was a smaller newer tree in the parking of a business on a hill, so I had to use the method where you turn your front wheels to hug the curb. It shouldn't, but it still amazes me how idiotic some of these people are out on our routes!

degill7994

I think you can NR a package at a commercial stop, as long as it's not between 12:00 and 13:00.
NR is for call tags only per management. I have ran into this before with hair salons. 30 pkg shipment one cod. Leave 29 come back tomorrow with the other one per management.

degill7994

I had a national complaint called in on me by a woman because I left the 4 tires she ordered out in the rain by her garage door. She claimed that her tires were ruined by the rain and wanted UPS to pay a claim on them. LOL
Next time bag those tires don't want them getting wet. Ask customer if she keeps them dry on her car.lmao.

degill7994

Got to love these customers. Just had to have the package. Had a call tag to pick it up the next day.

Attachments

• 1416668810403.jpg
    1416668810403.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 220