Silly Customer Complaints

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not to kill the party, but those stats were justt for the UPS Discussions part of this site, not whole site.
images-15.jpeg

wilberforce15

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I think orientation arrows are complete crap, along with any complaints about holding things "upside down."

There isn't an upside down. If you think your contents will be damaged by simply tilting the package, you need to pack it differently or use a different shipping company.

oldngray

nowhere special
One of the first things you should be told is orientation arrows don't matter (except for hazmats). The arrows usually have little to do with what is actually in the package.

wilberforce15

Except my manager took a customer's side when I carried a box "sideways" and the contents were damaged.

What exactly does the manager think happened to that box on a belt or slide, or in the hands of a loader/unloader? If I carry it by the orientation, that's just for show to the customer, which is fine I suppose, if it's safe. This particular box was top-heavy when carried according to the arrows.

wilberforce15

Loading it with arrows up doesn't do anything to protect it on belts or slides, or make it fit under low-hanging parts of the belt, or under overhangs where an irreg cart goes, or keep it right-side up when you hit a pothole, etc.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Loading it with arrows up doesn't do anything to protect it on belts or slides, or make it fit under low-hanging parts of the belt, or under overhangs where an irreg cart goes, or keep it right-side up when you hit a pothole, etc.

I was talking about at the pickup point. We all know what happens in the hubs.

wilberforce15

My manager doesn't, since he thinks I was responsible for the damage for carrying it sideways.

We should do it for show to the customer to prevent stupid complaints, but it's still a stupid complaint.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
One of the first things you should be told is orientation arrows don't matter (except for hazmats). The arrows usually have little to do with what is actually in the package.
Orientation arrows are just another design on a package....they could be two middle fingers for all I pay attention to it.

Dr.Brownz

Orientation arrows are just another design on a package....they could be two middle fingers for all I pay attention to it.

Small amazon boxes that contain a DVD/CD/disc item of some kind. I'm pretty sure they can survive standing on end like how many people commonly file them on shelves. I had a lady scream at me about that but I said the same thing, and explained that arrows are just generic box arrows, nothing specific to your item. She gave me cookies last week.