Silly Customer Complaints

barnyard

KTM rider
I lean on apt buzzers for a solid 5 count. Got the green light of death on a Friday to go back, said I did not ring the buzzer. I called in and said, "Then their buzzer is broke, I am not going back because they will not hear me when I get there then either."

I hate liars.

S

selfcancelsignal

Whenever I deliver to a highrise apartment I lay my diad down against the side of the elevator opening so the door wont close and the elevator stays put as I go drop off the package.
LMAO! I've been doing this on the route I just started doing in a bldg. Or 2, but I use the tote or a box instead of the DIAD. Tried using an envelope yesterday, & the elevator door almost smashed it to friend---.

barnyard

KTM rider
1 time, very early in my career I did go back to an apt. Leaned on the buzzer, lady yells, "I'm here." and buzzes me in.

Signs for the package and says, "Everytime you come here, you NEVER buzz."

Me, "Today is the 1st time I have delivered to this building, I bet your buzzer does not work. I did not have to retry this package, as I was here, I did ring the buzzer and I had to cut my break short to do it."

She storms off and as she was stomping off, I said, "You're welcome."

She turned around and fired off pretty much every expletive the forum software blocks. I had everything I could do to keep from LOLing.

I walked back to the truck and called the OMS, "Ah yeah, that redelivery you had me do, she might call back."

OMS, "I had to put her on hold to answer your call. She thinks you are the devil's own spawn."

We both laughed.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
1 time, very early in my career I did go back to an apt. Leaned on the buzzer, lady yells, "I'm here." and buzzes me in.

Signs for the package and says, "Everytime you come here, you NEVER buzz."

Me, "Today is the 1st time I have delivered to this building, I bet your buzzer does not work. I did not have to retry this package, as I was here, I did ring the buzzer and I had to cut my break short to do it."

She storms off and as she was stomping off, I said, "You're welcome."

She turned around and fired off pretty much every expletive the forum software blocks. I had everything I could do to keep from LOLing.

I walked back to the truck and called the OMS, "Ah yeah, that redelivery you had me do, she might call back."

OMS, "I had to put her on hold to answer your call. She thinks you are the devil's own spawn."

We both laughed.
Some people have nothing better to do than cry. She is one of them.

oldngray

nowhere special
Those are the people who will call a complaint and swear they were home when you know they weren't. You will be told to go back and half the time they won't be home then either.

CHALLY9TX

I've heard complaints where an address got multiple packages and one was a sig required. They'd raise hell over the fact that all were left but one.

On a similar note, I recently ran into a funny situation. A stop was getting four tires, all with their own labels and tracking numbers. However, only one was a sig required. Someone was home but I can only imagine the calls if I left three tires and took the one with me.

Had a delivery like that. I left three. When I returned the next day I had to explain why. I hate shippers who do shady stuff like that.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just yesterday I had a NDA for bojangles. I walk in at 10:08. Knock on the door behind the counter. Wait a couple minutes before cashier opens the door. Manager sees me and says I'll be there in a minute. I wait for what seemed an eternity because I still have 4 other NDA stops. What was probably only another minute or two he heads my way. I held the board out to him and he said "Hold on while I take care of my customer" He walks past me to carry a bag of food to a car waiting outside. I put box on the floor and follow him as I was parked in that direction. Once he drops food off he turns to me and asks my name and why I was so impatient.
Really, I'm IMPATIENT??
NR1 see you tomorrow.

9.5er

NR1 see you tomorrow.

I get that but as a cover driver I try not to be a jerk and wait longer that I probably should. What got me in the situation was the fact that the guy said I was impatient after I waited so long for him to finish what he was doing.

undies

I had a customer yell at me and then call in a complaint because I "almost hit their car". Apparently they felt I parked too close to it while I delivered their package...

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
How about the ones who live in apartments or big ass office buildings and get stuff 1DS or 2DA but fail to put a suite/apt number, then act like it's our fault their stuff's a day late.

clean hairy

That's because there is a directory, and the driver is too lazy to look them up on the directory, then deliver.
(This is ANOTHER complaint off the internet complaint sites)

BrownTexas

I love the places that send 5 packages that all look the same yet 1 has a $6,000 cod on it.

"We don't have the money today."

"That's fine. You can keep these 4. I'll bring the 5th one back tomorrow."

Shipper should have paid that extra $1 and put cods on all of them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I get that but as a cover driver I try not to be a jerk and wait longer that I probably should. What got me in the situation was the fact that the guy said I was impatient after I waited so long for him to finish what he was doing.
I don't care the general public are idiots. I had a gas station cashier try to tell me their stuff went to 3 different places. I said I'm sorry ma'am but you get 1 delivery point. She said I don't understand what you're saying. This went back and forth 3-4 times before I dropped the stuff and said sign here.

Someone standing in line called in a customer complaint because I was rude to the cashier.