Silly Customer Complaints

OPTION3

Customers actually call in to complain that we do not knock. Typical call, "I have been tracking my package and all of a sudden is is listed as 'delivered.' Go out and check and it is at the front door. I have been waiting all day for that package. If the driver would have knocked, I could have played with my adult toys that much sooner."

Green light of death Friday was, "Knock per the methods. We have already received several did not knock concerns."
You are supposed to ring AND knock.....Have had a complaint called in that I ring AND knock and that its annoying......Thanks for confirming that I use the methods

OPTION3

Also had a customer threaten to call in because I would not let her open the parcel BEFORE she signed......I gave her the number to the center, my car number, and name.....asked her to please spell it correctly.....Smile... have a nice day

clean hairy

I've been tempted to do this. Is this fair game?
I love the places that send 5 packages that all look the same yet 1 has a $6,000 cod on it.

"We don't have the money today."

"That's fine. You can keep these 4. I'll bring the 5th one back tomorrow."

Shipper should have paid that extra $1 and put cods on all of them.
If the labels show 1/5 2/5 3/5 etc, and the first one has a COD on it, then none of the 5 can be left, as the entire shipment is COD.
BUT, if each label shows 1 of 1, then all but the COD can be left.

Johney

If the labels show 1/5 2/5 3/5 etc, and the first one has a COD on it, then none of the 5 can be left, as the entire shipment is COD.
BUT, if each label shows 1 of 1, then all but the COD can be left.
I'm curious what do you put for non-delivery for the non COD packages?

The Driver

I drive.
Why would they be NR1? They weren't delivered because they were NM1 right? That can't be done on non cod packages.
NR=Not Ready is for Call-Tag pick-ups and DISH NETWORK. Unless I'm missing something else?

I think you can NR a package at a commercial stop, as long as it's not between 12:00 and 13:00.

Johney said:
Why would they be NR1? They weren't delivered because they were NM1 right? That can't be done on non cod packages.
NR=Not Ready is for Call-Tag pick-ups and DISH NETWORK. Unless I'm missing something else?
I dont do that. here Is your 5 packages,I will bring C.O.D. back tomorrow

The Driver

I drive.
Again, please explain what is NOT READY about it?

It means the customer wants you to re-attempt the next day. They're in, so it's not NI. I've never had to actually use NR1 except when I would keep all the packages associated with a COD. Now that I know I can just deliver all the packages that aren't themselves COD, even if they were intended to be COD but without the COD amount on the tag, I probably won't use NR again.

Johney

It means the customer wants you to re-attempt the next day. They're in, so it's not NI. I've never had to actually use NR1 except when I would keep all the packages associated with a COD. Now that I know I can just deliver all the packages that aren't themselves COD, even if they were intended to be COD but without the COD amount on the tag, I probably won't use NR again.
Ok if that's what they tell you to do. So you never use Not Ready? Surely you've had a call tag that wasn't ready on the first or second attempt. What do you put for those? Or an OCA pick up that wasn't ready? I'm just curious. I'm not knocking your methods or how you were trained, just curious.

The Driver

I drive.
Ok if that's what they tell you to do. So you never use Not Ready? Surely you've had a call tag that wasn't ready on the first or second attempt. What do you put for those? Or an OCA pick up that wasn't ready? I'm just curious. I'm not knocking your methods or how you were trained, just curious.

I'm sorry, I should have clarified. I'll use NR for call tags and OCAs but not for actual packages I'm attempting to deliver.