Simple Hacks For Retirees. Financial Or Otherwise. "On Topic"

trickpony1

If I recall correctly, there was a war in certain parts of South East Asia "....in the 70's".

This is why I asked what part you lived in.

You seem terribly defensive........almost as if you are trying to conceal something.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

That's one of them.

In the end I will probably just move closer to my daughter near Albany.

FLA....hits you with taxes in a different way then we r used to

FL is overrated for retirement. There's no state income tax and sales tax is 7% but property taxes can be high depending where you live. Our cost of living here varies but it's not as bad as some think.

Also a lot of retirees buy into those "manufactured" home parks because they're very cheap. Problem is if a big hurricane comes through, those are wiped out the worst. If you don't mind having only one "season" of weather and maybe one or two months of nice weather, well that's something to consider

Did you look at neighboring states near your daughter?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Great book for people before they retire.

"Get What's Yours : Secrets of Maxing out Your Social Security "

best seller on amazon for about 12 bucks and worth every penny. we bought it last year before some of the SS laws changed . they revised it but not sure if the new edition takes into account the new changes.

another great book with a whole slew of retiree info is called The Big Black Book form Bottom Line publishers. Any of the Bottom Line books are excellent. You can buy these online but we have found them at thrift stores for a couple books.

a lot of money saving info .

Karma...

rumor has it that beginning in 2020 retirees will be getting annual inflation and cola adjustments to their pensions. there may or may not be a catchup to bring the older retirees up to speed.. thats a very nice gesture from corporate to ensure the partnership remains strong and the retirees are not forgotten

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
rumor has it that beginning in 2020 retirees will be getting annual inflation and cola adjustments to their pensions. there may or may not be a catchup to bring the older retirees up to speed.. thats a very nice gesture from corporate to ensure the partnership remains strong and the retirees are not forgotten
gimme a break........corporate????????

twoweeled

tenor.gif