Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

Steamer

LED headlamps $10 on Amazon with two 18650 batteries and recharging cable. It's awesome at night. It even has a bright red flashing LED beacon light on the rear so others can see you walking. I bought a nice Nitto charger to charge 4 of the 18650s at once just because I like overkill. I take 4 extra in a plastic case with me. So far it only uses 50% of the power of the two in 2 hours of night usage. You can turn it on too at a mailbox while in the package car to see address a lot better. Like you stop at a mailbox wondering. But instead of shutting off and getting out you just flip the light on for a second to see the address from the driver seat. Sure beats holding a flashlight, trying to carry packages and scan in the dark. You just move your head and aim the crazy bright LED headlamp.

Attachments

• 71NBw6vlu7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71NBw6vlu7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 238

ToteHoarder

Use a tote under your tote so you don’t have to keep bending over for the next package. Do it on the floor of the bulkhead while loading it. Bonus points for writing the suite number or apt number where you can easily see it.

7D198BA0-1883-4610-B0F1-D395D7DCD2F2.jpeg

Info notice trick for windy conditions, or stick resistant doors. Anchor the bottom with a second notice, and rip off the excess.

Attachments

• iMarkup_20210703_074128.jpg
    iMarkup_20210703_074128.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 190

Local25BadSanta

The hvac in most pc’s is like a flexible dryer vent hose type. It’s pretty easy to detach/reattach from the under side of the dash, and usually long enough to drop to the floor. If you’re boots/socks get wet inside from sweat, rain, snow, or whatever weird stuff your doing while you’re all alone. Just detach the vent hose from the underside of the dash and stick it in your boot with the heat ripping. Boom!!! Boot Dryer. Also good if you get cold feet in the winter. Good way to warm the boots up.

beatupbrown

Use a tote under your tote so you don’t have to keep bending over for the next package. Do it on the floor of the bulkhead while loading it. Bonus points for writing the suite number or apt number where you can easily see it.

View attachment 342866

This takes me back to doing a building on the top floor was 30 to 40 next day airs, so some letters fell into the crack of elevator meets floor went all the way to the bottom. Found the maintenance men he opened the door while it was on the upper floors, I jumped in the pit grabbed the letters.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I hate head lamps for delivering at night. I ordered a chest lamp. Until it arrives I put this together from stuff I had laying around. It's an LED block and am 8 position, AAA, battery holder along with a simple nylon "belt". I tuck the light/battery module under the belt and it's bright lights up a huge area.

Attachments

• PXL_20211111_221523006.jpg
    PXL_20211111_221523006.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 148

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I hate head lamps for delivering at night. I ordered a chest lamp. Until it arrives I put this together from stuff I had laying around. It's an LED block and am 8 position, AAA, battery holder along with a simple nylon "belt". I tuck the light/battery module under the belt and it's bright lights up a huge area.
nice work Macgyver

Last edited:

Working4the1%

I've already had to do three emergency cut aways resulting in commando style for the rest of the day. I have a problem with intermittent Italian thunderbolts. If I can't pinch them back a shart is unavoidable. Yesterday alone I had to spray Schmitt twice in the wooded lots just barely off the road. I carry crappin wrappin and bolt, crap, do paper work and back to delivering.
Not having anything but very scattered Porto potties is the most challenging part of the job for me.
I always park in front of the Ritz Carlton and walk into bathroom with an empty envelope in hand..