Sirius

over9five

Staff member
The free six month Sirius subscription that came with my new car is about to expire!
I never even wanted this feature, but now that I have it, I like it alot. I'd really miss my 80s on 8, BPM, Fox News, etc.
They offered me 3 months at $38.95 (12.95/month). Anyone have it, or know how to get it cheaper (cuz I am soooooo cheap!). I heard maybe AAA has a discount?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I love my Sirius radio.
I bookmark songs and I am alerted when they are available.

I will ask my husband about discounts since he needs to save $$$ being married to me.

fethrs

The free six month Sirius subscription that came with my new car is about to expire!
I never even wanted this feature, but now that I have it, I like it alot. I'd really miss my 80s on 8, BPM, Fox News, etc.
They offered me 3 months at $38.95 (12.95/month). Anyone have it, or know how to get it cheaper (cuz I am soooooo cheap!). I heard maybe AAA has a discount?

Over I used to have xm before they merged with Sirius, when my subscription was about to expire I called to cancel and they gave me 3 months free, they did this 2 different times. Don't know if it will work now but it might, let me know if you do and how it goes...good luck!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Over I used to have xm before they merged with Sirius, when my subscription was about to expire I called to cancel and they gave me 3 months free, they did this 2 different times. Don't know if it will work now but it might, let me know if you do and how it goes...good luck!

Funny...my husband told me the same thing. He tried to cancel account and the service was extended.

smokey

The only other option beside subscribing to sirus or other satelite radio providers are to invest or even upgrade your phones data plan. For example, the iphone or the new model blackberries. These new model phones gives you access to applications stores. The apps stores give you ability to download free or for a small fee applications that programers have devloped. I personally own an Iphone and have since downloaded over 50 applications at no cost (backend cost would be a 30 data plan).

One of the great programs that I download for free was Pandora and Slacker radio. These two free apps are very similar to a sirus radio, you are able to customize your personal stations, also listen to preset stations 80s, 90s, country,hip hop etc.

The best part about it is... I am able not only to listen to streaming music via the car, but use it when I work out at the gym or the office.

Something to think about...As oppose to having it just in your car, why not make it mobile...Hope this helps you.

UPSNewbie

The only other option beside subscribing to sirus or other satelite radio providers are to invest or even upgrade your phones data plan. For example, the iphone or the new model blackberries. These new model phones gives you access to applications stores. The apps stores give you ability to download free or for a small fee applications that programers have devloped. I personally own an Iphone and have since downloaded over 50 applications at no cost (backend cost would be a 30 data plan).

One of the great programs that I download for free was Pandora and Slacker radio. These two free apps are very similar to a sirus radio, you are able to customize your personal stations, also listen to preset stations 80s, 90s, country,hip hop etc.

The best part about it is... I am able not only to listen to streaming music via the car, but use it when I work out at the gym or the office.

Something to think about...As oppose to having it just in your car, why not make it mobile...Hope this helps you.

I use Pandora just about every day. I am right now. *On the computer

rod

Retired 22 years
When my free XM ran out on my new truck I cancelled it. After awhile they offered it to me for 5 bucks a month for 6 months. After that ran out they are offering it to me again for that price. You just have to be sure and cancel it or they automatically hit your credit card up for the full subscription price once the "special" runs out.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I am a diehard satellite fan now that I am in feeders.

The only way I knew to get it cheaper was to get an account off of a friend because of his multiple account discount. I have since created my own account because I wanted multiple radios and I didn't feel like imposing on him with more than one.

You can also, if your radio is capable, get a la carte service which starts at $6.99.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If you buy a Ford that comes with Sirius, can the same radio get XM? I liked Sirius, especially the album rock channels, but am wondering if I can get XM instead if they have better stations. Sirius expired after a year in my wife's car, and we didn't renew the subscription.

I get emails from XM, every week advertising that I can upgrade to include a number of sirius channels ofr 6.99 per month.The offer always includes Howard Stern and maybe four or five other channels. I'd rather go deaf than listen to HS and the others listed don't sound interesting, so I just delete the emails.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
If you really try hard you can get a subscription for 70 something a year if you pay in full. It will take some time and some going up the ladder but it can happen. This company needs all the subscriptions they can get so 70 a year is better then nothing.

over9five

Staff member
If you really try hard you can get a subscription for 70 something a year if you pay in full. It will take some time and some going up the ladder but it can happen. This company needs all the subscriptions they can get so 70 a year is better then nothing.

For the full service? I'd pay that, $5 something a month.

over9five

Staff member
I am a diehard satellite fan now that I am in feeders.

The only way I knew to get it cheaper was to get an account off of a friend because of his multiple account discount. I have since created my own account because I wanted multiple radios and I didn't feel like imposing on him with more than one.

You can also, if your radio is capable, get a la carte service which starts at $6.99.

Multiple account? So you have more than one radio? I can see that would be awesome in my tractor. How much do you pay for how many radios?

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Here is what I pay:

SIRIUS EVERYTHING PLUS THE BEST OF XM - Semi-Annual Service $97.15

SIRIUS EVERYTHING - Quarterly Service 37.82

I have two radios, one for my wife's car and one for me. I have a Sportster 3 and have a cradle in my car and a cradle in my tractor, so I can simply transfer my radio from one vehicle to the other.

I will admit that the expense of what I pay is a drag but it is the best way to listen to radio if you listen as much as me. Also, if one week, say your in CT, and the next in PA, you don't have to figure out what the good radio stations are for each area. Plus, I listen to Howard Stern (say what you will but I find his show funny, though believe me, even I have to turn it off at times when they go too far), and, with the Best of XM package, I also listen to Ron and Fez, and you cannot get that programming anymore on terrestrial radio.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
For the full service? I'd pay that, $5 something a month.

It will take several calls to the retention department and when you cancel or your service expires you will get calls out the bu@@, just hold out till you get the 70 for the full year and if it isn't offered tell the customer service that you know it is an option. Sooner then later they will cave and you win.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Here is what I pay:

SIRIUS EVERYTHING PLUS THE BEST OF XM - Semi-Annual Service $97.15

SIRIUS EVERYTHING - Quarterly Service 37.82

I have two radios, one for my wife's car and one for me. I have a Sportster 3 and have a cradle in my car and a cradle in my tractor, so I can simply transfer my radio from one vehicle to the other.

I will admit that the expense of what I pay is a drag but it is the best way to listen to radio if you listen as much as me. Also, if one week, say your in CT, and the next in PA, you don't have to figure out what the good radio stations are for each area. Plus, I listen to Howard Stern (say what you will but I find his show funny, though believe me, even I have to turn it off at times when they go too far), and, with the Best of XM package, I also listen to Ron and Fez, and you cannot get that programming anymore on terrestrial radio.

You are paying to much, let it expire and you will get the deals. They will also hook them back up for free and for almost half of what you are paying. I cancelled my subscription when they wanted me to pay for the internet radio feature. I tried for two months and got the 70 for the entire year, pay in full. I know that being in feeders it is different being on the road all day long, so this might not work for ya but it might be worth a try. Jmo

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
When my sirius radio died i called to cancel it because i couldnt afford a new one (out of warranty). Sirius shipped me one for free. I say call their bluff call and canel and see if you get a better rate. I use my mp3 player hooked to my radio like it a lot better than any subscription service.

over9five

Staff member
I'm getting it for free, so there's nothing to cancel- it just ends.
I may call anyhow, and see if they'll give it to me for under $10/month.