Six Punch

Pullman Brown

Looked over a good amount of supplements and riders and didn’t see any explicit no six punch language. Trying to get this language to our business agent so he can look at it. Where’s it at? Let’s see it!

What'dyabringmetoday???

Looked over a good amount of supplements and riders and didn’t see any explicit no six punch language. Trying to get this language to our business agent so he can look at it. Where’s it at? Let’s see it!
UPS does as it pleases. Having said that- apparently some supplements enjoy that language. Our piece of dog doo "Business Agent" couldn't care less if we are forced on a sixth day. He puts in about twenty hours a week. Unfortunately it is nearly impossible in these parts to form a solid slate to take over. The majority have given up on the "union"...

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
1637449760802.png

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Quit running and work 12.42 hours a day that will solve your 6th punch.....unless you’re a runner that is.
🧔✊

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
UPS does as it pleases. Having said that- apparently some supplements enjoy that language. Our piece of dog doo "Business Agent" couldn't care less if we are forced on a sixth day. He puts in about twenty hours a week. Unfortunately it is nearly impossible in these parts to form a solid slate to take over. The majority have given up on the "union"...
I can’t make little timmys bball game 😭

charm299

look for 5 workday language and not sixth punch language. And how does your business agent not know where to look?

Commercial Inside Release

At times I regret my election to pursue a sixth punch every week. It has a real downside that you have to experience to fully understand the unintended consequences. Be careful what you ask for...

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
“The workweek shall consist of 5 consecutive days either Monday thru Friday or Tuesday thru Sunday”
Our BA didn’t do anything about the forced 6 punches until they started disciplining for 6th punch call outs. Then he got mad. From then on out, our union has told us “if you don’t want the 6th punch or are fatigued, call in and any discipline regarding 6th punch attendance will be vehemently challenged, and ain’t nobody gonna lose their job. Period.

shaco

The Demon Jester
“The workweek shall consist of 5 consecutive days either Monday thru Friday or Tuesday thru Sunday”
Our BA didn’t do anything about the forced 6 punches until they started disciplining for 6th punch call outs. Then he got mad. From then on out, our union has told us “if you don’t want the 6th punch or are fatigued, call in and any discipline regarding 6th punch attendance will be vehemently challenged, and ain’t nobody gonna lose their job. Period.
"the workweek shall consist of 5 consecutive days either m-friend or t-s" is this still in effect? I was told recently that it is "mandatory"
from all the sups as well as a union rep.. idk where to get my info from if not the UPS Western Region Supplement

"the workweek shall consist of 5 consecutive days either m-friend or t-s" is this still in effect? I was told recently that it is "mandatory"
from all the sups as well as a union rep.. idk where to get my info from if not the UPS Western Region Supplement
This is a straight up local to local thing now, man. I think any stew and ba in their right mind would stand up for a worker fighting against forced 6th punches, but it’s a crazy world we live in. Every local-UPS hub/center relationship is different. Our BA was a driver at our center for 20 years and so he’s probably a little bit more invested in us than other scenarios, to be honest.

Morale of the story: if you can work and make the OT you should just do it. Drop anchor and take care of yourself: be ultra aware of the extra toll on your body, do every little thing extra safe. Rake in the dough.
If you are over burnt out, have responsibilities with your kids you don’t wanna miss, extra sore from the week, whatever, and you have the balls to fight: call in. It’s your choice. None of us signed up for year round peak, that’s for sure, and the more people that have the balls to fight it the better off we’ll all be pertaining to this issue.