Sleeper Team-Feeder

Rabrown

Hello UPSers

I am scheduled for an interview in Hodgkins on Thursday for Feeder Sleeper team

1)What is the average time from Interview to hire.

2)What is the expectations as far as hours each week. She said pay is 30/hr. Do they pay only for your drive time?

3)She said out on monday in on thursday. As long as were not out hours is their work to be picked up.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Sleeper team is OTR. Well my paid hours only be my drive time. Or all time spent not in the bunk?
The team is paid mileage and is split between both drivers. Technically you’re paid while in the bunk. Breakdowns and slow downs kick you to hourly pay.

Rabrown

The team is paid mileage and is split between both drivers. Technically you’re paid while in the bunk. Breakdowns and slow downs kick you to hourly pay.

She said until i find a permament sleeper team. That i would be paid 30/hr. Is she incorrect on yhat

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What takes the longest

F244274B-7AFE-466B-ACCF-2A9F94059397.gif

Sleepers are paid by the mile. Even starting out. There is a breakdown per mile based off your scale same as hourly. They may offer a higher rate to get you in the door then when seasonal is over you get bumped down to the first year of scale rate. Like stated above you will split the miles 50/50 with your co-driver. The routes vary, and being new you will probably have a new one each week. Varying from 1500 miles to 6000 miles (the highest miles I have personally seen on a dispatch).

It's not an easy job for your personal life. You will be away from home for 4 days at a time. Just something to consider.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sleepers are paid by the mile. Even starting out. There is a breakdown per mile based off your scale same as hourly. They may offer a higher rate to get you in the door then when seasonal is over you get bumped down to the first year of scale rate. Like stated above you will split the miles 50/50 with your co-driver. The routes vary, and being new you will probably have a new one each week. Varying from 1500 miles to 6000 miles (the highest miles I have personally seen on a dispatch).

It's not an easy job for your personal life. You will be away from home for 4 days at a time. Just something to consider.

6000 miles?? That would be NYC to LA and back with 400 miles to spare.

I have never heard of a UPS employee being offered a higher rate of pay (not a bonus) to "get you in the door" only to bump it back down to the contractual rate after Peak is over.

Rabrown

I just retired from the Army. Being away isnt a problem.

Just want to be sure im being told the truth

Mack37

I have never heard of a UPS employee being offered a higher rate of pay (not a bonus) to "get you in the door" only to bump it back down to the contractual rate after Peak is over.

That’s how they’re doing it at CACH now since they need so many teams and they weren’t getting enough applicants, 710 signed off on it. So they pay $30 instead of first year rate but I believe it’s for the foreseeable future, not just through peak.

Rabrown

That’s how they’re doing it at CACH now since they need so many teams and they weren’t getting enough applicants, 710 signed off on it. So they pay $30 instead of first year rate but I believe it’s for the foreseeable future, not just through peak.

Mack are you with 710?

Rabrown

10-4. Just trying to find someone that works there as a Sleeper Feeder to get some info.

After you weekly run. If you have DOT hours left, can you run local routes to max out

Mack37

There were a couple guys that took those sleeper jobs on here but I haven’t seen them post in a while. Hopefully they’ll see this post.

I know when they first started the hiring craze in Chicago , a lot of the guys that hired in were running local as the senior guys were grabbing all the new sleeper runs. It may have stabilized by now.