Slip Resistance Shoes On or Go Home!

oldngray

nowhere special
According to Techie, I hold the trademark.

According to I've, I hold the copyright.

Just keep the royalty payments rolling in, folks.;)

Oh, OnG, that Jack Sparrow thing is really close to infringement. Be careful.:)

I think I started posting the Jack Sparrow before you started using wut but I'm not sure.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Call me dumb, but I'm still trying to figure out 'Co hear n't.'

And don't be trying to blame that on spell check.
images
lol

rod

Retired 22 years
Are they really "required"? I've never heard of that. Recommended yes--but required-no. I would have to see that in writing.

oldngray

nowhere special
Steel toes are required working inside but slip resistance is just common sense. OP got sent home for no steel toes, not about slip resistance it looks like.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Are they really "required"? I've never heard of that. Recommended yes--but required-no. I would have to see that in writing.
It is required here as far as I know...has been since I started. Maybe it varies by area. I've seen guys in sneakers get sent home.

BrownBrokeDown

Steel toes are required working inside but slip resistance is just common sense. OP got sent home for no steel toes, not about slip resistance it looks like.
Steel toes are not required in my hub.
Required = slip resistant, leather uppers
Recommended = steel toes

:censored2: I wore brown skechers for 2 years. I actually had a pt sup point to them and tell someone that they needed to get a pair of shoes like mine, lol

oldngray

nowhere special
Steel toes are not required in my hub.
Required = slip resistant, leather uppers
Recommended = steel toes

:censored2: I wore brown skechers for 2 years. I actually had a pt sup point to them and tell someone that they needed to get a pair of shoes like mine, lol

Might be different OSHA requirements but here inside work requires steel toes but driving doesn't.

rod

Retired 22 years
Is all this "required" stuff just some recommendation from some safety committee or is it an actual written down "agreed to by the Union" carved in granite law? I'm not saying its not a good idea just that I would still have to see it in some official capacity before I would agree to be sent home without pay. Anyone can tell anybody anything and make it sound like its required and we all know how much BS is thrown out at UPS.