Slurrer In Exchief

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Biden won the national popular vote by a lot last year but he didn't win by much in the swing states. If Trump or some other extremist dip* isn't running in 2024 the Democrats are going to have trouble hanging onto moderates. Not interested in Kamala, lenient illegal immigration policy, trillions more in spending programs, etc.
They are in trouble because they won't be able to change voting rules

bacha29

Not high, it was sarcasm. His leftist ass was busting Nixon's balls for "running out of the war."
I was breathing oxygen at the time, I know it well.
You missed the big enlistment at Kent State I guess. Students got unruly, a little pushy,
trying to enlist and Army National Guardsmen had to slow the rush, maintain order so to speak.

You missed a spot, Car Washer.
I talked to 2 of the Guardsmen who were there at Kent State. Not directly involved in the shooting they were further up the hill but helped to pick the jury that heard the case the week prior to our conversation. Their opinion said it all. Poorly trained , 18 and 19 year old's and scared they had no idea what a 30 caliber military weapon could do to the human body.

bacha29

Ha Ha Ha…. “Armed Forces Test”…. What a BS story!!!
You probably read about VN on Wikipedia.,,😂😂😂
All 141 young men and women on my high school senior class were sent down to the cafeteria to take the armed forces test complete with the armed forces letterhead at the top of page 1 along with recruiters in full military uniforms who handed it to each and every one of us as we walked into the room.

bacha29

Quickly, What were the two words you used, Mr. Carlin?
I'm sure you can recite the complete sentence, let's say, right now.

The floor is yours.
Cannot be used on the airwaves or on this thread. So let me put it to you this way..... it's something you do to yourself all the time.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
All 141 young men and women on my high school senior class were sent down to the cafeteria to take the armed forces test complete with the armed forces letterhead at the top of page 1 along with recruiters in full military uniforms who handed it to each and every one of us as we walked into the room.
Wow....Letter head AND complete uniforms???
Your comments make you sound like you're like 8 years old.....

You're 68 years???

bacha29

At the time in my case it was go along with the draft or go to jail. I had spent a few days in jail in my youth so that was out of the question. Although Canada was a couple hundred miles away the thought never entered my mind because my Dad, in WWII , and older brother (4 years in the Navy) had done their military service and I wasn't going to be that p--u--ss--y in the family who ran like a little girl because something was dangerous. What were we fighting for? They said to stop Communisim from spreading but you knew that wasn't going to happen after seeing what was actually going on over there. If you were a grunt you didn't really care--you just did your best to survive.. There is a BIG difference between back when they had the Draft and todays All Voluntary Army. The main differences are now your aren't forced to join and once in apparently all you have to do is shed a fake tear and they will let you out. There was NO getting out once they got their claws into you back when I was drafted.
Spot on. In the beginning the military held all the cards and played them to the max. But, simply by the luck of the draw the tables suddenly turned and I held all the cards and I simply played them to the max in the same manner the military played them. As you obviously know the Vietnam War was fought by the poor white kids from the rural areas and I was one of them, the poor black kids from the inner city ghetto and the poor Hispanic kids from the barrios. If you had powerful connections a college enrollment and lucky enough to be born to a family with money conditions common to 4 of the 5 past and current presidents you never saw Vietnam.

bacha29

Wow....Letter head AND complete uniforms???
Your comments make you sound like you're like 8 years old.....

You're 68 years???
I and everyone else was age 17. As I said in the later post, at the time they held all the cards . That was until 2 cages 1 containing birthdates and another with numbers 1 thru 365 . Each cage was spun and 1 ball removed from each cage and in my case the tables suddenly turned.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I and everyone else was age 17. As I said in the later post, at the time they held all the cards . That was until 2 cages 1 containing birthdates and another with numbers 1 thru 365 . Each cage was spun and 1 ball removed from each cage and in my case the tables suddenly turned.
Do I have to tell you that you could not have registered for Selective Service until you were 18?
You must have been at a Bingo game, because the Draft was not conducted at your High School.........LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tyrone Slothrop

Do I have to tell you that you could not have registered for Selective Service until you were 18?
You must have been at a Bingo game, because the Draft was not conducted at your High School.........LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Not true. You HAD to register by your 18th birthday, you could register earlier. You lied about serving during this period. You must have been a helluva manager.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Not true. You HAD to register by your 18th birthday, you could register earlier. You lied about serving during this period. You must have been a helluva manager.
No. A school full of 17 Year old's were not registered for Selective Service and there was no "Draft" at someone's High School when they were 17. Are you really going to play stupid! (or is it that you'll do anything to try to get to me...) Stop following me around BC creep!!

Last edited:

Tyrone Slothrop

No. A school full of 17 Year old's were not registered for Selective Service and there was no "Draft" at someone's High School when they were 17. Are you really going to play stupid! (or is it that you'll do anything to try to get to me...) Stop following me around BC creep!!
I was out of high school by then, but it was not unusual to have a Selective Service sign up, and a mock draft also seems very likely, as a way to explain to HS seniors what their actual chances of getting drafted were.

You responded to me, I'm not following you around.

bacha29

Unfortunately you don't have an attention long enough to notice that I made it quite clear that I registered for the draft on my 18th birthday. However in the age of the draft if the military wanted to test high school seniors they could do so if they wanted.
So when my high school principal went on the PA system and ordered all high school seniors to report to the cafeteria to take the test there was nothing he or we could do about it.
I know that it comes as a shock to you that the US Armed Forces could act in this manner.... but they could.... and they did.