Slurrer In Exchief

bacha29

Take race baiting and perverted sexual "identification" away from the democrats and you have nothing. Poof, their platform disappears.
Take away it's long standing grievances and lies about an election that wasn't stolen but rather it flat out lost and you're left with a Republican party that has no policy initiatives of any kind.

bacha29

LOL.....Dude, you don't need a Postgraduate Degree to recognize someone who is struggling.
Do you know what a Postgraduate Degree is?
I subscribe to the conservative Washington Examiner magazine. I'm looking forward to their publishing of your expert foreign policy analysis in future editions That along with looking forward to you being named a finalist for the Cliff Clavin trophy. Awarded every year to the neighborhood bar's best foreign expert.

floridays

fixed it for you
ok
biden byrd.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
I would take every avenue I could to avoid the Vietnam war. What were we fighting for?
At the time in my case it was go along with the draft or go to jail. I had spent a few days in jail in my youth so that was out of the question. Although Canada was a couple hundred miles away the thought never entered my mind because my Dad, in WWII , and older brother (4 years in the Navy) had done their military service and I wasn't going to be that p--u--ss--y in the family who ran like a little girl because something was dangerous. What were we fighting for? They said to stop Communisim from spreading but you knew that wasn't going to happen after seeing what was actually going on over there. If you were a grunt you didn't really care--you just did your best to survive.. There is a BIG difference between back when they had the Draft and todays All Voluntary Army. The main differences are now your aren't forced to join and once in apparently all you have to do is shed a fake tear and they will let you out. There was NO getting out once they got their claws into you back when I was drafted.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I subscribe to the conservative Washington Examiner magazine. I'm looking forward to their publishing of your expert foreign policy analysis in future editions That along with looking forward to you being named a finalist for the Cliff Clavin trophy. Awarded every year to the neighborhood bar's best foreign expert.
Ha ha… you come across as extremely insecure.
Don’t let low self esteem keep you from going after that participation trophy….🦧🦧🦧

floridays

In the closing days of the Vietnam War, every member of my senior class both male and female were sent down and ordered to take the so called "Armed Forces Test" . I would like to see them get away with that today. We hadn't even turned 18 at the time There were recruiters from every branch. Army, Navy, Jar Heads you name it. All of them were swinging that " we can still draft you" club over our heads. Given their attitude I and others simply said "Ok, if that's how you fell about it then draft us" . So on my 18th birthday I registered for the draft and simply waited for them to come for me. As it turned out low and behold I pulled out a 204 lottery number. Chances of them drafting that high was quite low. The day afterward I was bombarded with phone calls , letters etc. " Hey, let's go to lunch .You did great on the test, we can talk enlistment over lunch, etc" My answer consisted of two of the seven words the FCC has banned from the airwaves. I wasn't about to go running into a war that Nixon was running out of and the American people knew long before Washington did that Vietnam would be the first war America lost.
You're right, I remember that Nixon bastard getting us in the war. I remember Americans from sea to shining sea clamoring for us to stay and kick Ho Chi Minh's ass.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
In the closing days of the Vietnam War, every member of my senior class both male and female were sent down and ordered to take the so called "Armed Forces Test" . I would like to see them get away with that today. We hadn't even turned 18 at the time There were recruiters from every branch. Army, Navy, Jar Heads you name it. All of them were swinging that " we can still draft you" club over our heads. Given their attitude I and others simply said "Ok, if that's how you fell about it then draft us" . So on my 18th birthday I registered for the draft and simply waited for them to come for me. As it turned out low and behold I pulled out a 204 lottery number. Chances of them drafting that high was quite low. The day afterward I was bombarded with phone calls , letters etc. " Hey, let's go to lunch .You did great on the test, we can talk enlistment over lunch, etc" My answer consisted of two of the seven words the FCC has banned from the airwaves. I wasn't about to go running into a war that Nixon was running out of and the American people knew long before Washington did that Vietnam would be the first war America lost.
Ha Ha Ha…. “Armed Forces Test”…. What a BS story!!!
You probably read about VN on Wikipedia.,,😂😂😂

floridays

Take away it's long standing grievances and lies about an election that wasn't stolen but rather it flat out lost and you're left with a Republican party that has no policy initiatives of any kind.
Right, forget Trumps America first policy, and all it entailed.

At the time in my case it was go along with the draft or go to jail. I had spent a few days in jail in my youth so that was out of the question. Although Canada was a couple hundred miles away the thought never entered my mind because my Dad, in WWII , and older brother (4 years in the Navy) had done their military service and I wasn't going to be that p--u--ss--y in the family who ran like a little girl because something was dangerous. What were we fighting for? They said to stop Communisim from spreading but you knew that wasn't going to happen after seeing what was actually going on over there. If you were a grunt you didn't really care--you just did your best to survive.. There is a BIG difference between back when they had the Draft and todays All Voluntary Army. The main differences are now your aren't forced to join and once in apparently all you have to do is shed a fake tear and they will let you out. There was NO getting out once they got their claws into you back when I was drafted.
The guys and gals that volunteer now want to be there. The biggest threat to them is that they could be sent home if they do not measure up. Remember we have been fighting the Global War on Terrorism for 20 years now. Not just the regular Army but the National Guard and Army Reserve have all been equal partners.

floridays

Quickly, What were the two words you used, Mr. Carlin?
I'm sure you can recite the complete sentence, let's say, right now.

The floor is yours.

floridays

The guys and gals that volunteer now want to be there. The biggest threat to them is that they could be sent home if they do not measure up. Remember we have been fighting the Global War on Terrorism for 20 years now. Not just the regular Army but the National Guard and Army Reserve have all been equal partners.
Almost more than equal partners.

floridays

PBR for you, maybe an Old Style.
old style.jpg

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The Draft ended in 1972.
The ASVAB wasn’t given until AFTER induction if you were drafted.
Read Edward Lansdale’s biography and you’ll understand how we actually sent Advisors (MAAG) to RVN in 1953 under Truman, then more under Eisenhower

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I thought you were still living in the 1960's.
Thats funny. My wife and I were on a 2 hour road trip yesterday and we were listening to the 60's and 70's station. I made the comment that music sure was better back then. We loved the British Invasion, Motown and early Rock and Roll stuff we grew up on. We both agree that most of the music (if you call all that Auto-tune stuff music) isn't worth listening to.

floridays

You must be high. Nixon got us out of the war. Turned the whole country over to the communist.
Not high, it was sarcasm. His leftist ass was busting Nixon's balls for "running out of the war."
I was breathing oxygen at the time, I know it well.
You missed the big enlistment at Kent State I guess. Students got unruly, a little pushy,
trying to enlist and Army National Guardsmen had to slow the rush, maintain order so to speak.

You missed a spot, Car Washer.

rod

Retired 22 years
Starting with Korea we have tried to fight "nice" wars where civilians are spared and we only bomb military targets. Fighting that way will never result in a victory.