Smartpost integration

bacha29

$1.50 is 12 bits. Each bit is 1/8 of a $. 2 bits = 25 cents. $1.50 is a lot of money to some of these contractors. It's why they think they are rich. If $1.50 is a lot of money, making $30k a year makes them feel like Richie Rich.
Where I come from 2 bits equals a quarter but I won't argue exchange rates for a currency that doesn't exist because what is important is that CSP/ISP's are going to get more unprofitable boxes to deliver under more "take it or see ya later" terms.

Exec32

Six bits per stop ,huh?. Leave it on the dock. With the small but more numerous and less controllable single route contractors all gone the larger but powerless ISP's are now fair game for X .Rest assured future "negotiation"s" will no doubt result in a revenue package just enough to keep you above the grass but will no doubt come at the expense of your equity. I'm saying this to you as a friend. Don't stay in this too long. When the first unsuspecting slug comes along with an offer you can live with, take it.
Take it! Absolutely right!

FedGT

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 194

CJinx

.........just a hunch. My bags keep multiplying at what used to be my heaviest bulk stop.
How well do the labels stick on those bags? We have white nylon bags with velcro straps and QA is always reprinting labels because they fall off all the time.

FedGT

How well do the labels stick on those bags? We have white nylon bags with velcro straps and QA is always reprinting labels because they fall off all the time.
Haven't had any fall off yet, seem to hold together better than the straps on top. I would be happy if the label fell off, the ol' purple promise would dictate every package being delivered to the customer so I'd need to have a scan on them to verify my integrity I guess

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Haven't had any fall off yet, seem to hold together better than the straps on top. I would be happy if the label fell off, the ol' purple promise would dictate every package being delivered to the customer so I'd need to have a scan on them to verify my integrity I guess

When we have a label fall off of a Surepost bag we are instructed to open the bag and scan all of the packages.

We do not deliver them directly to the consignee .

It will be fine

When we have a label fall off of a Surepost bag we are instructed to open the bag and scan all of the packages.

We do not deliver them directly to the consignee .
In this case we'd be delivering directly to customer. It's just instead of paying us for each box we deliver fedex jams a bunch in bags so they only have to pay for 1. If they're anything like the bags that go to the post office quite a few boxes will fall out of them. Scan them all, cheap sob's don't want to pay us the pennies we get.

It will be fine

...and if they ask why your driver "intentionally" ripped off the label...?
Most of my drivers are salary and have no incentive to cheat like that, but I'd tell them to scan everything that falls out of the bags. They'd get hassled either way. If preload scanned a loose carton and my driver didn't he'd have to go back and try to get a sig. If it's loose scan it. It would only become a problem if it was a pattern of behavior.