Smoke Shop Stabbing

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Doing some Google lawyering it looks like bare minimum for armed robbery is 3 years in Nevada.
2 years for the robbery, 1 for the armed part.

I think he should be slapped with the bare minimum possible because of his age and the ordeal he survived. Serve less than the minimum, get his record expunged after completing probation and be able to renter society a reformed man. He is only 17, if this was some 30 year old still :censored2:ing up with violent priors then yeah throw the book at him before he kills someone.
Nah, do the crime, do the time.

floridays

Doing some Google lawyering it looks like bare minimum for armed robbery is 3 years in Nevada.

I think he should be slapped with the bare minimum possible because of his age and the ordeal he survived. Serve less than the minimum, get his record expunged after completing probation and be able to renter society a reformed man. He is only 17, if this was some 30 year old still :censored2:ing up with violent priors then yeah throw the book at him before he kills someone.
I get it, protect fresh meat.
I'll wager this was not his first go at this activity.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Problem is that his family is making excuses for his crimes. Crime is their way of life. No real remorse, no lessons learned, more victims.

El Correcto

god is dead
Problem is that his family is making excuses for his crimes. Crime is their way of life. No real remorse, no lessons learned, more victims.
They will play it up for civil damages probably, which is disgusting, but you can’t really blame trash for gaming the system.
Nah, do the crime, do the time.
That kids faced a punishment far greater than anything a judge could sentence him to. The kid faced a trial by combat, I’m not saying he gets 0 jail time, I’m saying it is a mitigating factor during sentencing. That should be considered part of his time served, would be if I was judge.

El Correcto

god is dead
you would fit right in in California......
I like my state’s laws better, we can shoot people over property at night time around here. Castle doctrine is expanded to cars and I don’t have to have a conceal carry license to carry my handgun. Why would I want to move to California because I have sympathy for a 17 year old who almost got stabbed to death and wish the best for him?

I think people who don’t have a bit of sympathy for people like that didn’t grow up that way. I would never want to see the victims of these people’s crimes punished for stabbing or shooting them though, that is a Californian thing.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
They will play it up for civil damages probably, which is disgusting, but you can’t really blame trash for gaming the system.

That kids faced a punishment far greater than anything a judge could sentence him to. The kid faced a trial by combat, I’m not saying he gets 0 jail time, I’m saying it is a mitigating factor during sentencing. That should be considered part of his time served, would be if I was judge.
The camera does not lie.
This will never get pass the filing stage.

El Correcto

god is dead
The camera does not lie.
This will never get pass the filing stage.
Hope so, the kid deserves nothing. He is lucky to still have his life and that should be enough.
I just view the stabbing as part of his punishment and hopefully a trauma that moves him away from his current life of crime.

Box Ox

The kid faced a trial by combat, I’m not saying he gets 0 jail time, I’m saying it is a mitigating factor during sentencing.
1467FD6C-8084-4832-ADC3-39262554EEDB.gif

Box Ox

Judges are trained to view an individuals capacity to change during sentencing. If you think having a near death experience and being nearly stabbed to death isn’t a catalyst for change.. I don’t know what to say bud.

Guess I'm to the right of you on this.

I don't think a minor who has a near-death experience due to their pursuit of a crime deserves a lighter sentence specifically because of it. And I think the robber having jumped over the shop counter, which made the shop owner fear for his life, should actually be considered an aggravating factor in the robber's sentencing.

Let's think about the victims of crime here too.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hope so, the kid deserves nothing. He is lucky to still have his life and that should be enough.
I just view the stabbing as part of his punishment and hopefully a trauma that moves him away from his current life of crime.
What so-called "kid" commits armed robbery"?

Lock em' up.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Do you know how a mamby pamby soft on crime liberal converts into a tough on crime Reagan conservative?

After their 87 year old grandmother gets raped by a repeat offender that has a rap sheet a mile long.

El Correcto

god is dead
Do you know how a mamby pamby soft on crime liberal converts into a tough on crime Reagan conservative?

After their 87 year old grandmother gets raped by a repeat offender that has a rap sheet a mile long.
You know how you turn a 17 year old into a guaranteed repeat offender, turn his hopeless situation into an even more hopeless situation of limited employment and assistance.
No one wakes up and decides to be evil. Evil is an adaptation early in life and later in life it is just the logical choice, the only path you are left with if you ever hope to make some actual money or get any respect. There is no teaching these people Jesus loves them or society cares about them when they are broke and the only social network they have to fall back on is a criminal one.

I’ve hung around enough truly hopeless individuals who never had a chance in hell and ended up dead or locked up before 30, destined to be repeat offenders. I know these people have genuine remorse but they are also angry thinking back on their life and all the wrong that was done to them as a child. That evil that was implanted into them before they ever had a say in the matter.

3CE2637B-EBE2-4E97-98C1-7CE76D914F07.jpeg

7AA5C565-6C40-4F96-A421-74E61A65EC05.jpeg

It’s easy to sit around wishing death or prison on these people when you didn’t grow up with them.

Thebrownblob

You know how you turn a 17 year old into a guaranteed repeat offender, turn his hopeless situation into an even more hopeless situation of limited employment and assistance.
No one wakes up and decides to be evil. Evil is an adaptation early in life and later in life it is just the logical choice, the only path you are left with if you ever hope to make some actual money or get any respect. There is no teaching these people Jesus loves them or society cares about them when they are broke and the only social network they have to fall back on is a criminal one.

I’ve hung around enough truly hopeless individuals who never had a chance in hell and ended up dead or locked up before 30, destined to be repeat offenders. I know these people have genuine remorse but they are also angry thinking back on their life and all the wrong that was done to them as a child. That evil that was implanted into them before they ever had a say in the matter.

View attachment 395215
View attachment 395216
It’s easy to sit around wishing death or prison on these people when you didn’t grow up with them.
You’re not gonna believe this. I mostly agree with you on this.

vantexan

View attachment 395215
View attachment 395216
I was extremely poor as a child. I've known plenty of others who came out of poor situations. Being poor in and of itself doesn't make you angry and commit crime. Something you said is key. Money and respect. If your value as a human being is built on how much money you have and the respect that brings and you must be violent in order to have that then you've gone down the wrong path. There are plenty of avenues out of poverty in this country. And living a working class life where you have food, clothing, and shelter is a perfectly decent way to live. Thinking I must have it all, and I must have it now, and my life has no value unless I do gets people into trouble. Maybe that's why you hate Christianity so much. It teaches us to be content with what we have and to work hard for it.

El Correcto

god is dead
If you want to see that kid put behind bars for a decade you might as well shoot him in the head in my opinion. He might as well of finished him off with that knife.

Thebrownblob

I was extremely poor as a child. I've known plenty of others who came out of poor situations. Being poor in and of itself doesn't make you angry and commit crime. Something you said is key. Money and respect. If your value as a human being is built on how much money you have and the respect that brings and you must be violent in order to have that then you've gone down the wrong path. There are plenty of avenues out of poverty in this country. And living a working class life where you have food, clothing, and shelter is a perfectly decent way to live. Thinking I must have it all, and I must have it now, and my life has no value unless I do gets people into trouble. Maybe that's why you hate Christianity so much. It teaches us to be content with what we have and to work hard for it.
I tend to agree with him at least on the aspect of hopelessness. I have a friend who is very high up in the prison system. Once these people become lifers. They’ll do anything because there’s no hope of getting out. The kid who did this is a Criminal now. Hopefully whatever level of punishment he receives will be just enough to give him a chance to change and have hope. Obviously My hope comes from a different place than correcto. But I understand where he’s coming from on this issue.