So a new guy is qualifying in my center

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Today was his first day out on his own.
I was getting some pizza on my break when I finished up tonight, and he rolled past me. Decided to go check in on him because I know his route like the back of my hand. Poor guy missed like 20-25 businesses. Two whole blocks...Something is telling me I won't be seeing him much longer. Have you guys seen a lot of people completely tank during their 30 day packet??

Rack em

Made the Podium
Why didn't management track his progress throughout the day and prevent those 20+ missed businesses? But no I have never heard of someone tanking THAT bad.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Someone on your management team deserves the ass kicking coming their way Monday. That's pathetic of them to miss. I watch guys who are on their first day solo like a hawk.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
We are short on drivers right now so I think sup may have been out on road, not sure how it got that bad! Feel for the guy though...seems like they just threw him to the wolves.

JL 0513

How many business stops total on that route? Did he do a bunch of resi's and just not know about the businesses?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Usually like 60 business and 30-40 resi's per day, plus 15 or so pickups. It's a pretty heavy bulk route but it's definitely possible to have all deliveries done by 3pm with a good 30-40 min lunch break. I recently qualified on it...actually kind of miss it haha.

davidix

It was a nightmare for me but it seems like the new guys now a days are pampered to extreme measures. Dudes on week 2 still below 180 stops. Come on man, week 2, give the man the entire route already and stop giving split routes 280 stops with 4 splits.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had my annual S&V ride on Thursday and was shocked at how many phone calls the on car received from the newer drivers during the ride. There must have been at least 10 calls.

I can't recall ever having to call an on car unless I was directed to do so via an ODS.

DOK

It was a nightmare for me but it seems like the new guys now a days are pampered to extreme measures. Dudes on week 2 still below 180 stops. Come on man, week 2, give the man the entire route already and stop giving split routes 280 stops with 4 splits.
280?? Lol, not even on the heaviest of peak days...

Future

Victory Ride
I had my annual S&V ride on Thursday and was shocked at how many phone calls the on car received from the newer drivers during the ride. There must have been at least 10 calls.

I can't recall ever having to call an on car unless I was directed to do so via an ODS.
I noticed that .. a few years ago ... holy crap...not our problem

Appvol

That's why I got my 30 days in Temp driving so I wouldn't have to go through the 30 day crap.Never did a 30 day.Temp drove here and there. Saved my paycheck stubs and then said I was done Temp driving. First day of being full time I was good to go.

Over 70

I know when I started last peak my on car made the comment that I was the only person out of 15 that didn't call him a single time for anything all of peak.

I may have called the center a time or two for clarification to cover my ass but that was it. Its not rocket science.

Appvol

If you get your 30 days in Temp driving no matter if it takes years as long as you have your 30 days in your good.Of course the free period don't count.It took me 9 years to go full time.