So-called graduation call over phone

Mike86

So recently I did my 30-day packet forgot to take some of my lunch during my packet. So they gave me and another guy 10 more days and we had to make sure that we scratch and bonus take our lunch which we did no problem. So now the problem that we're running into now is that this new packet they have there are saying that we have to do what they call a graduation call over the phone with higher up now bear mine peak season is about to start. So I wonder if has anyone else experienced this with any other Center and if so how long did it take what was the process what did they ask you over the phone because I'm ready to get behind the wheel and start driving.

ManInBrown

When I did it, it was nothing. It's a bunch of suits on a conference call cackling, asking you dumb questions and letting you know how lucky you are that you made your 30. And how blessed you are to have the privilege to work for such a great company.

Could be different now though. Who knows

Box Ox

What the hell is a bear mine?

A formerly top secret profit diversification program that’s been fast tracked due to how apparent the Company’s self-destructive tendencies in package operations have become. The job market for bears never recovered after the Great Recession. So there’s no shortage of bears willing to swing a pick axe for preloader pay.

I’m not sure what any of it has to do with Mike86, though.

542thruNthru

So recently I did my 30-day packet forgot to take some of my lunch during my packet. So they gave me and another guy 10 more days and we had to make sure that we scratch and bonus take our lunch which we did no problem. So now the problem that we're running into now is that this new packet they have there are saying that we have to do what they call a graduation call over the phone with higher up now bear mine peak season is about to start. So I wonder if has anyone else experienced this with any other Center and if so how long did it take what was the process what did they ask you over the phone because I'm ready to get behind the wheel and start driving.

Ask to have a steward present.

Knothead

Yep.
Bears look so cuddly
images (2).jpg

Yep, cuddly. Unless of course this isn't the type of bear you were speaking of...

Richard Cranium

Tell them that Safety and Service are your top priority.

barnyard

KTM rider
If the OP would have entered the 1 sentence into the search box, other threads would have turned up, answering the rest of the OPs question.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When I did it, it was nothing. It's a bunch of suits on a conference call cackling, asking you dumb questions and letting you know how lucky you are that you made your 30. And how blessed you are to have the privilege to work for such a great company.

Could be different now though. Who knows
The only 'blessed' aspect of working at UPS anymore is the pay and benefits