so did obama just screw our 2013 contract? (health care)

SWORDFISH

Guess you're more social then we are. We pay for eye exams here, unless some outfit has a free promotion.
Only thing covered in Canada is gp doctor and hospital visits. Not eyes, or chiro,dentist, or accupuncture. Not even drugs/perscriptions.

We give the poor everything here. The middle class are the John Qs of the world. When in my opinion it should be MOST OF the lower class( you know the ones that do nothing except drag on society) in that boat not the ones fighting in the battle. 200 years ago all those bottom leaches would just die off cuz there wouldnt be hand outs for thier lazy buts. I still wont take the SOCIAL TAG for our country though. I dont like it even though Obama is force feeding it to us.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
We give the poor everything here. The middle class are the John Qs of the world. When in my opinion it should be MOST OF the lower class( you know the ones that do nothing except drag on society) in that boat not the ones fighting in the battle. 200 years ago all those bottom leaches would just die off cuz there wouldnt be hand outs for thier lazy buts. I still wont take the SOCIAL TAG for our country though. I dont like it even though Obama is force feeding it to us.

Everything? Have you ever been "Poor"? I have. Try it sometime. Volunteer some time and see what it's like. It's easy to generalize, but go see the "poor". There are definitely some that ar able-bodied, but go see what you speak so intelligently about.
BTW, I am a Veteran.

SWORDFISH

Everything? Have you ever been "Poor"? I have. Try it sometime. Volunteer some time and see what it's like. It's easy to generalize, but go see the "poor". There are definitely some that ar able-bodied, but go see what you speak so intelligently about.
BTW, I am a Veteran.

I have the greastest respect for you for serving our country and I appolgize if I offended you. If you read all of my post I said " MOST OF the lower class" and your clearly not one of them. I speak of people that sit at home and collect a check and do nothing. I have a few family members like that so I know what Im talking about. I defintely am not talking about people like you. Anyone who trys hard at life no matter what income class they are, are rich in my book. Im talking about the slugs of life sorry for the misconception.

klein

Für Meno :)
+10000000000000000 ... Your quotes awesome bro
What breach ????? I sure don't see one commited !
If I had a store, told someone, I had 10 credit card purchases, and 80 paid cash, would I be in breech of banking policies ? Doubt it. No names, mentioned.

SWORDFISH

What breach ????? I sure don't see one commited !
If I had a store, told someone, I had 10 credit card purchases, and 80 paid cash, would I be in breech of banking policies ? Doubt it. No names, mentioned.

Sorry I edited my post on you klein. Made your statement make no sense. Thanks for the back up though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

upstate, your assuming that UPS can get us to agree to a new contract w/ out our current benefits. They cant just say they are not providing something they have contractually agreed to. Also your assuming that the system they pushed through will not get changed.

You are right on both counts. My post was basically an extension of Tie's, using his numbers to show what kind of savings could be realized if the company did indeed decide to dump our health care plans and pay the fines. I also don't see the company dumping our health care.

tieguy

Banned
Tell me first what a conservative is ! Canada has a conservative government . (Harper is from Calgary). Germany has a conservative government.
And who knows, how many other countries have one . Many. But, they all have national Healthcare, so I guess, they are not conservatives afterall.
And America will see the end of Conservatives, too, with a National Healthcare.
Gonna need to rename yourself ! Something you can discuss, over a cup of Tea.

No klein Canada threatens to jail conservatives. your government told you to believe that you had a conservative government and you did as instructed and believed them.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
upstate, your assuming that UPS can get us to agree to a new contract w/ out our current benefits. They cant just say they are not providing something they have contractually agreed to. Also your assuming that the system they pushed through will not get changed.

Quick question swordfish or anyone who knows the answer. Who actually pays for teamster healthcare - UPS or the teamsters with dues that are collected monthly??

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Quick question swordfish or anyone who knows the answer. Who actually pays for teamster healthcare - UPS or the teamsters with dues that are collected monthly??
The answer is "we" pay for it. It's part of the negotiated compensation for the labor we provide to the company. Currently in my local it's $6.72 per hour worked and the local administers the health fund.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
BTW, I am a Veteran.

Yes those are the true poor. That isnt who swordfish is talking about, I dont believe.
People in this country, living on government assistance who have cell phones, and big screen TVS, are considered living in poverty. People who pay 20 dollars a month for their electric and gas no matter how much they use, are considered living in poverty. People who pay 35 dollars a month who live in subsidized housing, and trash the place, are considered living in poverty.
People who eat very well on food stamps, which is not part of their check given to them monthly, are considered living in poverty.
True poverty to me is the person who doesnt know about all these freebies we give people in this country, because it started out being a well meaning program, and has gone awry. There is not a person I know who does not want to help someone truly down and out, for whatever reason.
True poverty to me is the elderly man who freezes to death in his apt because he didnt know who, or did not want to ask for help. True poverty is a person who lost his/her retirement and lives out in some rural area, in a one room cabin with no running water, no family, phone, or electric, and no one knows he exists.
The true person living in poverty isnt there because he wants to be. It has probably been a long time since hes seen a doctor, while those who are aware of the helps the govt offers can see them whenever they want, no limits and nothing out of pocket. He isnt worried about buying medicine, he is worried about making it through the day. If he only knew about programs to get free medicine, that have been there for years, he might be able to get well.
When I was a kid, my brother had a friend, and he and his mother lived in a one room shack, cooked on a little fire in the middle of the room, surrounded by a makeshift couch, and some boxes of clothes. No car, nothing, No water, no beds, no tv. They smelled all the time. And no one helped them, just looked down on them, made fun of them. Looking back I have no idea what ever happened to them, but that to me was true poverty. Today these kind of down and out people will get help.

SWORDFISH

Yes those are the true poor. That isnt who swordfish is talking about, I dont believe.
People in this country, living on government assistance who have cell phones, and big screen TVS, are considered living in poverty. People who pay 20 dollars a month for their electric and gas no matter how much they use, are considered living in poverty. People who pay 35 dollars a month who live in subsidized housing, and trash the place, are considered living in poverty.
People who eat very well on food stamps, which is not part of their check given to them monthly, are considered living in poverty.
True poverty to me is the person who doesnt know about all these freebies we give people in this country, because it started out being a well meaning program, and has gone awry. There is not a person I know who does not want to help someone truly down and out, for whatever reason.
True poverty to me is the elderly man who freezes to death in his apt because he didnt know who, or did not want to ask for help. True poverty is a person who lost his/her retirement and lives out in some rural area, in a one room cabin with no running water, no family, phone, or electric, and no one knows he exists.
The true person living in poverty isnt there because he wants to be. It has probably been a long time since hes seen a doctor, while those who are aware of the helps the govt offers can see them whenever they want, no limits and nothing out of pocket. He isnt worried about buying medicine, he is worried about making it through the day. If he only knew about programs to get free medicine, that have been there for years, he might be able to get well.
When I was a kid, my brother had a friend, and he and his mother lived in a one room shack, cooked on a little fire in the middle of the room, surrounded by a makeshift couch, and some boxes of clothes. No car, nothing, No water, no beds, no tv. They smelled all the time. And no one helped them, just looked down on them, made fun of them. Looking back I have no idea what ever happened to them, but that to me was true poverty. Today these kind of down and out people will get help.

Thanks bro. Ya I talked to fxdwg on the side and he just misunderstood me. You got it right on. You probably share my same frustrations. Actually these are also the people Tieguy was talking about in this post or another I cant remember. He just for some reason got confused and got the UPS drivers on here confused w/ those people that are lazy.

SWORDFISH

The answer is "we" pay for it. It's part of the negotiated compensation for the labor we provide to the company. Currently in my local it's $6.72 per hour worked and the local administers the health fund.

I THINK the amount differs by area though Jones. Seems like ours is $7 something but dont quote me on that. I agree union dues do not go to benefits package. Its like a retainer fee for a laywer in a way. I do hate that we added the extra money for the strike fund though. I would rather save my own money.