So, Fedex, what do you think about the paycuts?

Testicular Fortitude

Great point. I see the same problem in my location where DHL gave the customer a 1600 pickup, for example. Because we're understaffed, the best we can offer is 1500. UPS can do it at 1600....guess who gets the account? Another example of penny-pinching actually losing business to the competition. This is not an isolated example...happens all the time.
FedEx is always bleating about "Purple" behavior and always providing an outstanding experience for the customer. Yet, they take away the ability of the employee to provide said service and then wonder what happened.
The Purple Promise is just more propaganda put out by the Memphis Kremlin via TASS[FEDEX frontline] and PRAVDA[the FEDEX monthly newsletter] the Purple Promise is a figment of corporates imagination.The Frontline video is more of a fantasy than a reality.I for one and my co-workers agree that the scenes in these propaganda videos do not and never existed as actual daily occurences in our station or on any of our routes.We are not given enough time to give our customers the outstanding service they deserve via the Purple Promise.

FedEx All the Way!

Same in my area, but will it last? FedEx is doing everything it can to make it seem that the company is about to go under at any minute. I'm guessing those executive checks still get cashed, and that they're still really big. How many employees will drink the current flavor of Kool-Aid?

You should try some of that Kool-Aid, who knows, even **********you might like it. Stop bitching and get on with the program. Stop complaining in these hard economic times and start working. In my opinion, Fred should get rid of irritation in his company (like you).

So what if he's making a lot of money - isn't it his company! Should he actually sit back and give you his paycheck - please get real. He doesn't owe you anything, but a paycheck!!!!!!!!

Try starting a company like he did. Not only did he create an empire that gave jobs to so many people, but he's still at it in these hard times. So get off your high horse and work for a living like the rest of us.

See ya,

Last edited by a moderator:

FedEx All the Way!

Sorry, the "bending over" days are coming to an end soon, at least for hourlies. Now it's Fred's turn to grab his ankles, and he will be bent over this year...by the economy, by his employees and the union, and by the politicians that he hasn't been able to buy-off this time.

As for you, why do you persist in being Fred's personal cheerleader? He'd screw your "very important husband" over just as quickly as he has us given the opportunity. You'll eventually figure it out when "VIH" gets his walking papers. By the way, you never mention your husband's position (other than beneath you, a crushing burden I'm sure). Just what level is he, if he's so "important"?

For once I agree with you, the Teamsters will step in and save you. Are you really for real or are you one of those who has so much free time and nothing else to do but complain about FedEx. You really need a reality check. May I advise some professionals that can help you?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You should try some of that Kool-Aid, who knows, even ********you might like it. Stop bitching and get on with the program. Stop complaining in these hard economic times and start working. In my opinion, Fred should get rid of irritation in his company (like you).

So what if he's making a lot of money - isn't it his company! Should he actually sit back and give you his paycheck - please get real. He doesn't owe you anything, but a paycheck!!!!!!!!

Try starting a company like he did. Not only did he create an empire that gave jobs to so many people, but he's still at it in these hard times. So get off your high horse and work for a living like the rest of us.

See ya,

Fred has always gotten his 100% out of me, even though he doesn't deserve it. Do you actually read through your moronic posts before you submit them? I've got a first-grader who thinks and reasons more logically than you do. You remind me of a combination of Rush Limbaugh and Eugene Krabs of Spongebob fame....mean-spirited, cheap, and firmly convinced that workers are lazy and unmotivated "sponges" (pun intended) that just detract from company profits. Unions are "bad", but overpaid incompetent management is "good".

It's amazing that even during these hard economic times, Fred can simultaneously reduce our wages and benefits and still afford new airplanes. He's still able to dole-out all of those millions to compliant politicians who will do his bidding. Simply miraculous, isn't it? Quite a guy. Yet he'd have you believe that FedEx is about to go under at any minute. Do you think he might be LYING **********?

You must be good-looking, because it's readily apparent that your "very important husband" didn't marry you for your brain.

FedEx All the Way!

Fred has always gotten his 100% out of me, even though he doesn't deserve it. Do you actually read through your moronic posts before you submit them? I've got a first-grader who thinks and reasons more logically than you do. You remind me of a combination of Rush Limbaugh and Eugene Krabs of Spongebob fame....mean-spirited, cheap, and firmly convinced that workers are lazy and unmotivated "sponges" (pun intended) that just detract from company profits. Unions are "bad", but overpaid incompetent management is "good".

It's amazing that even during these hard economic times, Fred can simultaneously reduce our wages and benefits and still afford new airplanes. He's still able to dole-out all of those millions to compliant politicians who will do his bidding. Simply miraculous, isn't it? Quite a guy. Yet he'd have you believe that FedEx is about to go under at any minute. Do you think he might be LYING ***********8?

You must be good-looking, because it's readily apparent that your "very important husband" didn't marry you for your brain.

************! Did your first grader also teach you how to be selfish as well? Did you ever stop to think (or do you actually think before you open your mouth) that Fred is probably stuck in contracts with those planes - No, you just think that he's a *********! WOW! Way to go - I also bet that if you were in any other job, you would complain about that to.

As far as my looks, where can I send you a picture?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
************! Did your first grader also teach you how to be selfish as well? Did you ever stop to think (or do you actually think before you open your mouth) that Fred is probably stuck in contracts with those planes - No, you just think that he's a *********! WOW! Way to go - I also bet that if you were in any other job, you would complain about that to.

As far as my looks, where can I send you a picture?

When a big company buys commercial aircraft there is always an exit clause built-in because Boeing and Airbus know that a lot can happen to an airline financially. Wars, politics, fuel prices etc. can all wreak havoc on an airline's bottom line, and the manufacturers don't want to lose their customers. Right now, Asian airlines are cancelling or delaying many orders due to the bad economy.

FedEx did delay delivery of it's new 777's, but then Fred exercised firm options for 10 more, meaning that they will be on the hook for those aircraft. Isn't it amazing, that even as FedEx is about to "go under", that Fred can afford a bunch of new planes? How can he manage that? By cutting our hours, eliminating our benefits(like retirement), and then asking us to pay much more for our insurance. The more he takes away, the more money he has to reinvest in capital equipment. Too bad he doesn't feel the same way about his human capital.

BrownBlue

New Jack
Sadly, I think Fred S would actually have to personally go out hunting his own workers for sport before a lot of the Fedex employees thought they were getting a raw deal from a multi-billion dollar company. Hey they already took your pension, and now your match, and they pay you a lot less than prevailing wage, and that is just express. Ground and Home depot would only be good jobs in a third world, it is unbelievable the hose job those guys get. But when you get fed dog food all your life and your told its Maine lobster, you are going to not care to much when they start giving you dog poop and call it prime rib. Thats why there are the haves and the haven't got s....Good corporate practice, but unless your are an executive you haven't got s....

avionics tech

Hello I have been reading your blog for the first time,.I'm sorry to hear of the 60 Techs loosing there jobs at UPS. Those are not big numbers unless your one of them. I have over 19 yrs with UAL, At one time UAL had over 15000 Mechs that includes Ground and building Mechs. Now we are down to around 4000. thats more than a 200% reduction. Pay for A&P mids around $32.00 I believe UPS and FEDEX Techs are well over $40.00 hr. The IAM, AMFA, Teamsters have all fallen short of there promises. We have over 50% of are work farmed out to AAR, TIMCO and China I hope with the new Admin. that will change, Its to late for many of are fellow Techs But I hope this not the case and the future for you good luck.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
At one time UAL had over 15000 Mechs that includes Ground and building Mechs. Now we are down to around 4000. thats more than a 200% reduction.

Understand what you mean but I feel compelled, in a NY sort of way, to point out that you can not have more than 100% reduction. Actually a 73% reduction.

Sorry to be goofy but I can't resist. One of the unfortunate side-effects of being a math nerd.

FedEx All the Way!

I honestly am praying the Teamsters get to you guys! Nothing like driving your wages and expenses up!

Let's level the playing field.

Though I also see the downside of the Teamsters getting in......though from an Express drivers view. Too bad these guys don't understand that view.

Hope they don't - they can stay on your side and leave FedEx alone.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hope they don't - they can stay on your side and leave FedEx alone.

Hoffa and the Teamsters are finally starting to speak-out against FedEx and it's tactics. Did you know that Fred has over $26 million in his pension plan, while ours has been cut to just above nothing? If the PPP is such a great plan, why doesn't Fred participate? Look for more Teamster rhetoric attacking the FedEx double standard.

You've never mentioned your "husbands" position, other than he's in "upper manamgement", whatever that means. So unless he's at the top, you just had your retirement slashed to nothing as of June 1, 2008. Any comment on that, or are you too ignorant to know when you've been screwed? Or do you even know what I'm talking about?

You've still never bothered to answer my question as to why you post-up on other sites as a 48 year-old male from Pennsylvania, yet claim to be a woman on this site? Are you transgender, or just a liar?

Also, many of your posts are essentially press releases or excerpts from interviews that you pass-off as being your own ideas. I can always tell, because they aren't full of the logical and grammatical errors that characterize your own "thoughts". At least give the true author credit for their work instead of blatantly stealing it because you're not bright enough to think for yourself.

FedEx All the Way!

Hoffa and the Teamsters are finally starting to speak-out against FedEx and it's tactics. Did you know that Fred has over $26 million in his pension plan, while ours has been cut to just above nothing? If the PPP is such a great plan, why doesn't Fred participate? Look for more Teamster rhetoric attacking the FedEx double standard.

You've never mentioned your "husbands" position, other than he's in "upper manamgement", whatever that means. So unless he's at the top, you just had your retirement slashed to nothing as of June 1, 2008. Any comment on that, or are you too ignorant to know when you've been screwed? Or do you even know what I'm talking about?

You've still never bothered to answer my question as to why you post-up on other sites as a 48 year-old male from Pennsylvania, yet claim to be a woman on this site? Are you transgender, or just a liar?

Also, many of your posts are essentially press releases or excerpts from interviews that you pass-off as being your own ideas. I can always tell, because they aren't full of the logical and grammatical errors that characterize your own "thoughts". At least give the true author credit for their work instead of blatantly stealing it because you're not bright enough to think for yourself.

You are truly a sick man. I have never posted on other sites as being a 48 year old man. Personally, I don't care where you get the information and lies about me. I think you are mixing me up with someone else - I've always claimed/posted you were not to bright.
I'm a mother of two and married to a man who works at FedEx. I am very glad that my husband has been employed with FedEx through the years, the company has been good to him. At this point in time with the economy being the way it is and with people loosing their jobs - I'm just a mother and wife being content with my husband having a job. Unlike you, you strike me as a selfish small minded little man.
When times are tough, it is always better to have a job then no job at all.
So go ahead and think what your small mind tells you to, I know who I am and what I represent to my family.
On the other hand, Fred shouldn't give you the time of day - have you tried UPS yet.

OOOPPPSSSSS! You should check your spelling at times. I think you should read your post one more time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are truly a sick man. I have never posted on other sites as being a 48 year old man. Personally, I don't care where you get the information and lies about me. I think you are mixing me up with someone else - I've always claimed/posted you were not to bright.
I'm a mother of two and married to a man who works at FedEx. I am very glad that my husband has been employed with FedEx through the years, the company has been good to him. At this point in time with the economy being the way it is and with people loosing their jobs - I'm just a mother and wife being content with my husband having a job. Unlike you, you strike me as a selfish small minded little man.
When times are tough, it is always better to have a job then no job at all.
So go ahead and think what your small mind tells you to, I know who I am and what I represent to my family.
On the other hand, Fred shouldn't give you the time of day - have you tried UPS yet.

OOOPPPSSSSS! You should check your spelling at times. I think you should read your post one more time.

Yes, I'm not "to" bright (that would be "too") and I'm "loosing" my mind (that would be "losing"). If I make a spelling error it's a typo and not because I don't know how to spell the word. I suppose it's just a coincidence that someone else posts verbatim (look it up) responses on another site?

Enough of your lesson for today. Go ask your very important husband (without any retirement) what the big word I used today actually means.

FedEx All the Way!

Yes, I'm not "to" bright (that would be "too") and I'm "loosing" my mind (that would be "losing"). If I make a spelling error it's a typo and not because I don't know how to spell the word. I suppose it's just a coincidence that someone else posts verbatim (look it up) responses on another site?

Enough of your lesson for today. Go ask your very important husband (without any retirement) what the big word I used today actually means.

Since I don't work for FedEx and don't want my job seeing me on this post. I may have some typo errors as well.

As far as asking my husband the big word you posted - he doesn't have the time of day for you. So, please get your head out of your a-- and get a grip on life!
later.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Since I don't work for FedEx and don't want my job seeing me on this post. I may have some typo errors as well.

As far as asking my husband the big word you posted - he doesn't have the time of day for you. So, please get your head out of your a-- and get a grip on life!
later.

More flawless logic. What would typos have to do with your job, or are you saying you write like an idiot because you are in a hurry? The big word was "verbatim", which means "word for word". In other words, what are the odds that someone pretending to be you would produce internet postings that are identical to yours?

I'm taking your advice and getting a "grip" on life, so I've started watching Benny Hinn religiously. He's as genuine as you are.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Perhaps a review of the Brown Cafe terms of service is in order!!

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-site. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion forum about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

Treat each other with respect...:peaceful:

backinbrown

respect my authority
Perhaps a review of the Brown Cafe terms of service is in order!!

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-site. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion forum about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

Treat each other with respect...:peaceful:
:no_flames: