So, How’s Walgreens Working Out for You?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by MassWineGuy, Sep 11, 2018.

1. MassWineGuy

MassWineGuy Well-Known Member

It’s been a few months since Express partnered with Walgreens. I’m curious to hear what couriers are seeing. I have two on my route. Neither have pickups very often.

But one is much better than the other at scanning outgoing freight. The other store is a courier’s nightmare. They can never find the scanner. And if they do, they seldom know how to use it. Yesterday they told me that I can no longer go behind the counter to get pickups because they need to scan them first. I was there yesterday for five minutes waiting to have an outgoing box scanned. Never happened, and I had to leave it behind. Great customer service, huh?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Fortunately I retired before X got in bed with Walgreen’s. To me it just seems like an unnecessary extra step to get the job done. Just like FedEx marketing, always looking for ways to complicate instead of simplifying.

3. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Works out great especially the one attempt and hold at walgreens.. Train your walgreens employees! :) ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. McFeely

McFeely Huge Member

Works great until the customer insists on a delivery reattempt.

5. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Nonhyphenated American

Our station has an FXO on the opposite side of the street from a major residential area, which put it in a different station's service area.
    We were HAL at the FXO for customer convenience, when a reattempt was requested. It took an additional 3 days to go through the system, when the customer's address was only 5 minutes away. Corporate no longer allows us to HAL there.
    One customer complaint now inconveniences hundreds. They now have to drive 30 minutes one way to pick up their HAL.

6. TheJackal

TheJackal Well-Known Member

I want the work the next day. Haven't used ARTH yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  7. SmithBarney

"Sorry, No can do"

We've taken many of these calls, if you handle them correctly you won't have a problem.

"Sorry, No can do, but we can bring it back to the station and hold it here for you" Which usually means a much longer drive to pick it up, then the customer says nevermind and decides to go to Walgreen's..

-Train your customers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I don’t have to worry about that with my route. Too far away from a Walgreens. :)

9. Oldfart

Oldfart Well-Known Member

Did you tell your manager you refuse to take packages to Walgreens?

10. Operational needs

No Earl. My manager told me ARTH doesn’t apply to my route. :)

11. SmithBarney

haha, we have routes like that 2hr stem, they hit the first one(1hr) on the way back, still saves the customer a couple hours of driving

12. SmithBarney

This is true, some rtes don't have the ARTH option

13. Oldfart

Oldfart Well-Known Member

The needed scans might be a little much for you.

14. Operational needs

I’m sure.

15. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

Works out great for me. Have one guy who gets a DSR everyday. Was taking multiple packages everyday to him, one first attempt, one second attempt, one final attempt everyday. He lives a 1/4 mile from the Walgreens on my route, now it's one attempt, and leave it at Walgreens.

16. Preventable

Preventable Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Star B

Star B White Lightening

Might as well train him to have it shipped directly there.

Me, I like it. I've got some routes that I cover that don't have the ARTH option and I kind of wish I did for those in-town clusters.

I just wish I could ARTH Apple and VZW stuff. That's the crap that have the most reattempts for.

Can I have you as a CSA? One of ours will give them a 8th attempt if we let her.

The one major bitch I have is that we can't choose which one to ARTH to. There's a couple of routes that do a few cities and upper has come down on the courier being smart and ARTHing to the closest WAG, instead of the WAG on the "route" which for one route, is half an hour away in another city.

And unlike @Fred's Myth 's, we don't have any boundary issues. All of our ARTH locations are well inside our footprint.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

When CSA's are needing an eta, do they ask "where ARTH thou?" Sorry, couldn't resist.

19. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

ka6ic.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Code 82 Approved

Code 82 Approved Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!

I love it when my new hire picks up packages dropped off that morning by another driver. Walgreens scratches their heads... I dunno, it WAS here!