So, How’s Walgreens Working Out for You?

MassWineGuy

It’s been a few months since Express partnered with Walgreens. I’m curious to hear what couriers are seeing. I have two on my route. Neither have pickups very often.

But one is much better than the other at scanning outgoing freight. The other store is a courier’s nightmare. They can never find the scanner. And if they do, they seldom know how to use it. Yesterday they told me that I can no longer go behind the counter to get pickups because they need to scan them first. I was there yesterday for five minutes waiting to have an outgoing box scanned. Never happened, and I had to leave it behind. Great customer service, huh?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Fortunately I retired before X got in bed with Walgreen’s. To me it just seems like an unnecessary extra step to get the job done. Just like FedEx marketing, always looking for ways to complicate instead of simplifying.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Works great until the customer insists on a delivery reattempt.
Our station has an FXO on the opposite side of the street from a major residential area, which put it in a different station's service area.
We were HAL at the FXO for customer convenience, when a reattempt was requested. It took an additional 3 days to go through the system, when the customer's address was only 5 minutes away. Corporate no longer allows us to HAL there.
One customer complaint now inconveniences hundreds. They now have to drive 30 minutes one way to pick up their HAL.

SmithBarney

Works great until the customer insists on a delivery reattempt.

"Sorry, No can do"

We've taken many of these calls, if you handle them correctly you won't have a problem.

"Sorry, No can do, but we can bring it back to the station and hold it here for you" Which usually means a much longer drive to pick it up, then the customer says nevermind and decides to go to Walgreen's..

-Train your customers!

whenIgetthere

Works out great for me. Have one guy who gets a DSR everyday. Was taking multiple packages everyday to him, one first attempt, one second attempt, one final attempt everyday. He lives a 1/4 mile from the Walgreens on my route, now it's one attempt, and leave it at Walgreens.

Preventable

Works out great for me. Have one guy who gets a DSR everyday. Was taking multiple packages everyday to him, one first attempt, one second attempt, one final attempt everyday. He lives a 1/4 mile from the Walgreens on my route, now it's one attempt, and leave it at Walgreens.

latest

giphy.gif

Star B

White Lightening
Might as well train him to have it shipped directly there.

Me, I like it. I've got some routes that I cover that don't have the ARTH option and I kind of wish I did for those in-town clusters.

I just wish I could ARTH Apple and VZW stuff. That's the crap that have the most reattempts for.

"Sorry, No can do"

We've taken many of these calls, if you handle them correctly you won't have a problem.

"Sorry, No can do, but we can bring it back to the station and hold it here for you" Which usually means a much longer drive to pick it up, then the customer says nevermind and decides to go to Walgreen's..

-Train your customers!
Can I have you as a CSA? One of ours will give them a 8th attempt if we let her.

The one major bitch I have is that we can't choose which one to ARTH to. There's a couple of routes that do a few cities and upper has come down on the courier being smart and ARTHing to the closest WAG, instead of the WAG on the "route" which for one route, is half an hour away in another city.

And unlike @Fred's Myth 's, we don't have any boundary issues. All of our ARTH locations are well inside our footprint.

vantexan

Might as well train him to have it shipped directly there.

Me, I like it. I've got some routes that I cover that don't have the ARTH option and I kind of wish I did for those in-town clusters.

I just wish I could ARTH Apple and VZW stuff. That's the crap that have the most reattempts for.

Can I have you as a CSA? One of ours will give them a 8th attempt if we let her.

The one major bitch I have is that we can't choose which one to ARTH to. There's a couple of routes that do a few cities and upper has come down on the courier being smart and ARTHing to the closest WAG, instead of the WAG on the "route" which for one route, is half an hour away in another city.

And unlike @Fred's Myth 's, we don't have any boundary issues. All of our ARTH locations are well inside our footprint.
When CSA's are needing an eta, do they ask "where ARTH thou?" Sorry, couldn't resist.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I love it when my new hire picks up packages dropped off that morning by another driver. Walgreens scratches their heads... I dunno, it WAS here!