So, How’s Walgreens Working Out for You?

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
As a driver for UPS, I actually love the Walgreens option. I'm expecting a Home Delivery package on Monday. I won't be home, delivering myself, so I'd like to have it held there.

I called customer service tonight to change the delivery to be held at my local Walgreen's. The agent kept telling me she couldn't do that yet, they just picked up the package today. Told me to call back on Thursday.

I'm sorry, what does the date you physically picked up a box have to do with updating a delivery to be held?

It will be fine

As a driver for UPS, I actually love the Walgreens option. I'm expecting a Home Delivery package on Monday. I won't be home, delivering myself, so I'd like to have it held there.

I called customer service tonight to change the delivery to be held at my local Walgreen's. The agent kept telling me she couldn't do that yet, they just picked up the package today. Told me to call back on Thursday.

I'm sorry, what does the date you physically picked up a box have to do with updating a delivery to be held?
If I had to guess, the redirect would best be processed at the local delivery terminal. If the package is dropped into a hub it’s probably harder to capture and update it. That’s just a guess though, it’s just as likely the customer service agent didn’t give a bleep and told you to call someone who cares. That’s how we roll.

SmithBarney

I think once the package is in transit in the system(not just pupped) you'll be able to update it. With ground I think it has to do with how they calculate time in transit etc..

I like that UPS does it too, but I don't like that they wait til the next day(after 1st att) to drop it off at the UPS store.

bacha29

If I had to guess, the redirect would best be processed at the local delivery terminal. If the package is dropped into a hub it’s probably harder to capture and update it. That’s just a guess though, it’s just as likely the customer service agent didn’t give a bleep and told you to call someone who cares. That’s how we roll.
Package tracing : Rule 101.....the dumber you act the less they expect from you.......Package tracing .....Rule 102......it gets there when it gets there.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
20190613_001741.jpg
Screenshot.jpg

At least the website was finally more accommodating, scheduled the redirect myself. Need my cart like yesterday lol. But seriously just wanted to protect my delivery, save the driver some time too.

McFeely

Huge Member
At least the website was finally more accommodating, scheduled the redirect myself. Need my cart like yesterday lol. But seriously just wanted to protect my delivery, save the driver some time too.

I was actually just going to suggest getting the FedEx app on your phone (get signed up for UPS alerts on their stuff too). Having notifications and easily setting up Holds with both services is super nice to have.

P1 Failure

An apartment complex on my rte quit taking packages for their residents so having ARTH is great for me. I don’t see those packages the next day cuz most re-direct to Walgreens. What’s crazy is the complex just got parcel lockers installed but they won’t turn them on until 50% of the residents sign up. Insane!