So how much more or less did you get back this year in taxes from the Trump tax “cut”.....

The poor should pay the same taxes as everyone else. Give them some incentive to make more.
Yes and No. You have senior citizens and peipeo with real disabilities that can't really make anymore.
I remember some years back when they was talking about a flat tax, they mentioned something about getting a prebate. Everyone gets a certain amount of money at the beginning of the year to offset people double taxed. It needs to be revenue neutral and designed to capture taxes from people cheating the system.

Just having a flat tax would hit them harder. The true poor pay no federal income tax bit they still have to pay state and local taxes. That's a flat tax, isn't it?
I pay federal taxes and about 8.5-9.5% state sales tax. Businesses collect the tax and send it to the state. Businesses and non residents are sales tax exempt. You can start a flat tax over a certain threshold and the poor won’t be affected.

I pay federal taxes and about 8.5-9.5% state sales tax. Businesses collect the tax and send it to the state. Businesses and non residents are sales tax exempt. You can start a flat tax over a certain threshold and the poor won’t be affected.
Businesses do pay sales tax , they don't pay sales tax on things they are selling.

Trust me I’m totally fine with that but people will push for a way to get more money out of the rich. A consumption tax is the fairest way.
“Luxury tax” maybe. No need to tax a $99 car battery or School supplies or practically anything at Walmart. But a tax on vehicles over $5,000 or a boat with an I/O engine or higher. Taxing everyday consumer goods is worse than inflation.