So I had it laminated

Shiftless

15 plus years ago when I was 3 months away from my 50th birthday I retired.

I new some day (if lucky enough) I would hold that old persons card. Altho my birthday is at the end of the month, my medicare card becomes valid today 7-1-2020. Laminating it doesn't seal the deal! Its just another milestone in my life. It doesn't wash away those other significant events of the previous 65 years. And sure I pay 144 bucks more a month for complete medicare A & B to fulfill my insurance needs. So life is good!

In retrospect, since I retired, this has been the fastest 15 years of my life! Hands down, a very quick segment of ones life cycle! Grandchildren, Lots of travel, my Family & Hobbies have just kept me lusting for life!

So if you want to retire or are thinking of retirement? Just Do it! Stay active! Give back! You earned it!

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Congratulations. I doubt I’ll be as lucky to live to see 65 with all my exes. If you want to travel by train, Amtrak is slashing their prices right now on all routes. We have a lot of scenic runs like the Coast Starlight (LA to SEA) and Lake Shore Limited (NYC to CHI). Also the Auto Train if you’re trying to go DC to FL with your car or motorcycle. PM me if you want to use my family and friends discount.

Again congrats and what was your last job at UPS? Feeders?

Shiftless

When I signed up on the internet it asked if I new "Rod"?

So I checked that box and got the preferred discount.

Shiftless

Actually "A" is mandatory. You can pick and choose your options on the others. In my case I am going for part B thru SS/Medicare.

Not all UPS retiree's have the same type retirement healthcare insurance providers. Since my retirement, my insurance for healthcare has come thru UPS which I do pay a small amount monthly. Not the union. Some pay different amounts dependent on what your Teamster Conference negotiated for you.

$2000 a year? I personally have never heard anyone having that high. I have heard that Advantage plans can be more costly.

One thing I did hear a lot. Advantage plans have their place. BUT! Once on one trying to go away from them is a nightmare?

Parts of Medicare
Social Security enrolls you in Original Medicare (Part A and Part B).

• Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) helps pay for inpatient care in a hospital or limited time at a skilled nursing facility (following a hospital stay). Part A also pays for some home health care and hospice care.
  • Medicare Part B (medical insurance) helps pay for services from doctors and other health care providers, outpatient care, home health care, durable medical equipment, and some preventive services.
    Other parts of Medicare are run by private insurance companies that follow rules set by Medicare.
  • Supplemental (Medigap) policies help pay Medicare out-of-pocket copayment, coinsurance, and deductible expenses.
  • Medicare Advantage Plan (previously known as Part C) includes all benefits and services covered under Part A and Part B — prescription drugs and additional benefits such as vision, hearing, and dental — bundled together in one plan.
  • Medicare Part D (Medicare prescription drug coverage) helps cover the cost of prescription drugs.

Last edited: