So it begins

A

Article 3

Archive from 2012...
IMG_20171010_220648.jpg

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The problem still remains. Most drivers don't care enough about PVD in California just like none of them care about golf cart helpers.

They want their raise because of cost of living out here and they don't want to see their healthcare and pension change.
We've had golf cart helpers for years, as someone who pulls a trailer every year, they aren't as effective as some might think.

542thruNthru

We've had golf cart helpers for years, as someone who pulls a trailer every year, they aren't as effective as some might think.

I agree but it depends on the area. We have lots of large apartment complexes with over 2000 units.

What I don't like is that work should be offered to inside employees at a driver rate. Not $10 a hour.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I agree but it depends on the area. We have lots of large apartment complexes with over 2000 units.

What I don't like is that work should be offered to inside employees at a driver rate. Not $10 a hour.
I wish they would also, but as long as people take the job, they'll have no incentive to pay them more. It's ok though, most of these seasonal golf cart guys cost more than hourly rates after you figure in how much they steal, break :censored2:, lie about time cards, deliver to the wrong houses, etc.

All of which I take no responsibility for, I'm not their boss.

Box Ox

No, but I hate to say it most of the people out here don't care.

Also as far as I know. When I checked online we don't have any positions going up for PVD.

They want their raise because of cost of living out here and they don't want to see their healthcare and pension change.

PVD listings for 29 locations in California so far. Pay and benefits certainly won't be helped if PVDs become a normal thing!

Rack em

Made the Podium
I pray our union stops even the thought of this PVD bs especially during the negotiations. PVD's will cut countless union jobs!