So it begins

ezmoney5150

Out west I'm almost positive that as long as they don't try and change our health care or help out central states failing pension problems there will be a lot of "YES" votes.
What's ironic is you think saving Central States will hurt you. Central States going under will hurt you more.

542thruNthru

What's ironic is you think saving Central States will hurt you. Central States going under will hurt you more.

Depends on what the plan is for us to save central states is. I never said it wouldn't hurt us. What I said was those two things are what I believe will make the west vote No.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Depends on what the plan is for us to save central states is. I never said it wouldn't hurt us. What I said was those two things are what I believe will make the west vote No.
So you think after almost 20 years that Hoffa will try to save Central States?

The Teamsters already made their one and only play in regards to Central States....

....and it was shot down by Congress.

542thruNthru

So you think after almost 20 years that Hoffa will try to save Central States?

The Teamsters already made their one and only play in regards to Central States....

....and it was shot down by Congress.

To be honest I don't know much about Central States Pension problems. All I know really is what I hear on here.

The problem is we are hearing that we need to prepare for a strike because Central States wants one of two things. UPS to fix the pension or for all of us to help their pension.

Now judging by the loud reaction to that information and what I'm hearing from members in other locals. No one will say yes to that.

It's just like healthcare last contract. It may have helped a lot of other locals but no one cared because it hurt them. I see the same thing happening with the pension.

twoweeled

Sad to say, but our Union is going to implement any kind of strategy against the company. The only strategy being used by "both sides", will be against us. Maybe they'll put in something unacceptable, then claim they refused it and forced them to take it out. Meanwhile putting something less toxic. eg Not shooting us with a 44, but only beating us with a ball peen hammer instead. "we sure dodged that bullet, brothers"!!
Maybe I'm the only one who feels, that both sides are just trying to pass the least best contract "they" can get by us. I feel no fighting between the two. It's us, against them. Just my feeling.

twoweeled

435 locations recruiting PVDs as of today. They're betting big on ramming it through.
If UPS really really wants it, then consider it a done deal in some areas. Union will talk it down to us. Tell us why it isn't so bad and the restrictions they've attached to it. Word!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Let the big dinners and serious drinking, begin!!!
Screenshot_2017-10-17-16-07-59.png

They have some nice looking books to thumb through

Box Ox

If UPS really really wants it, then consider it a done deal in some areas. Union will talk it down to us. Tell us why it isn't so bad and the restrictions they've attached to it. Word!

Yep. 623 locations are recruiting PVDs as of today. Union won't say "Sorry folks, nothing we could do about it." Will be interesting to see how this leverages the Company for Contract negotiations.