So it begins

gman042

Been around the block a few times
PVD
If it does not show up in a brown truck it is not the UPS that we used to work for. Nothing more than a glorified LaserShip. What happened to the respect for the brand? Upper management needs to take a good long look at their business model and get back to the basics that made this company what it was 20 years ago. Sure I get that the market changes and adjustments need to be made to but reducing UPS to and bunch of subcontractors delivering out of private vehicles sounds to much like a business model of a well known competitor.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
PVD
If it does not show up in a brown truck it is not the UPS that we used to work for. Nothing more than a glorified LaserShip. What happened to the respect for the brand? Upper management needs to take a good long look at their business model and get back to the basics that made this company what it was 20 years ago. Sure I get that the market changes and adjustments need to be made to but reducing UPS to and bunch of subcontractors delivering out of private vehicles sounds to much like a business model of a well known competitor.
We've been sinking to the level of the competition for a while now. Has Saturday Ground put us over the top?

Box Ox

Why would they need "excellent customer contact skills"? Regular UPS drivers have no contact with their residentual customers anymore.

Because you're gonna have a lotta driver follow-ups. And you might have to talk a customer out of shooting you (especially after dark) when you're at their front door but there's no UPS truck around.