So many people view....

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
This is one of the only forums I have visited where there will be 3,000 views for a thread but only 32 people have responded.

People, don't be afraid to put your .02 in. It makes for more interesting conversation.

Oh and btw, I am new here.

The names Joop, nice to meet you all!

aspenleaf

Welcome Newbie! Enjoy your stay here. I hope you will hop in the chat room at some point. A few of us are there several nights a week. So while I may not respond to all your posts I would love to chat with you. I hope you have a great weekend.

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
aspenleaf said:
Welcome Newbie! Enjoy your stay here. I hope you will hop in the chat room at some point. A few of us are there several nights a week. So while I may not respond to all your posts I would love to chat with you. I hope you have a great weekend.

Wish I was able to be on at night. I get the privelage to work twilight shift.

I'll check it out sometime though.

Take care and have a good weekend!

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
over9five said:
Hey Joop! What does your name mean?

The name is a nickname I received in the military....While overseas a guy I was with could not remember my name and constantly called me anything that started with a J.

My real name is Josh, and he called me Jupiter, Juniper etc....Joop stuck.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Welcome to the board, another Ohioan!! Hanoverton ohio here, dont check the map, its not there, Im 40 mi south of youngstown, 20 miles from By God West Virginia! You will have fun here and learn alot!!!
And my nickname came from my first FT boss , great guy, he was fired during the strike, but the name stuck, I dont know why. tooner up, toonerize, tunervision...juney tuner, it was the first time in my life other than my birth that someone gave me a pet name and it stuck, so I like it. Tooner

aspenleaf

Joopster said:
Wish I was able to be on at night. I get the privelage to work twilight shift.

I'll check it out sometime though.

Take care and have a good weekend!

Sounds good! Unless you work 7 days a week you might be able to join us sometime. I work the sunrise shift and sometimes the midnight shift. Take care and see you around the forums!

helenofcalifornia

Well Joopster, I am passing on your advice to my loader about circling the truck number on the package and confirming the last 4 numberds of the tracking number. I don't think it will help though. She needs Ritalin or something. And welcome aboard!

aspenleaf

Circling anything on the PAL only works if the loader does it in the correct truck. To save time you can circle them as you are heading to the truck from the boxline and still misload. The loader next to me had one of my packages on his truck and yes he did circle the truck number; driver found it when checking his NDA. I do put a mark on my labels so that if there is a misload the driver knows if it was me or someone just tossing a box in (which seems to happen quite a bit).

If “they” didn’t expect us to run the whole shift loaders might be able to pay more attention to what they are loading. For some reason they think that the work flows just like the spreadsheet shows. We’d only get 200 pieces per hour in our cages, our start times would reflect our true volume, no jams or belts breaking, no late trains and all would be wonderful. If things worked like they do on paper we’d all be good and no one would misload. One misstep and you have loaded one optimal load on the wrong truck.

We have some loaders who think this job is beneath them and just don’t care. I really hate that since they don’t do their add/cuts in a timely manner and I start getting their cuts to add to my trucks at the last minute or my favorite is right after I tell the driver he/she is good to go 30 boxes show up! Sometimes I can chase the truck down before he hits the yard and other times I have to find another driver to shuttle the stuff. Well actually I tell my supervisor and she runs around finding who will shuttle the late cut.

mittam

Joopster said:
This is one of the only forums I have visited where there will be 3,000 views for a thread but only 32 people have responded.

People, don't be afraid to put your .02 in. It makes for more interesting conversation.

Oh and btw, I am new here.

The names Joop, nice to meet you all!
hey Joop welcome aboard, hope you get all you need here just saw your post today(sat) another BUCKEYE I'm down here below Dayton saw you work twilight but if you get a chance join us on the chat sometime