So what are yall thoughts parttimers

Thebrownblob

Well when I started here making eight bucks an hour working 20 to 25 hours a week I was making more money than I was at my previous full-time job working half the hours
When I started eight dollars was a little bit higher than most places were paying, but I did not really go for the money I was going to school. Later, I did not stay for the money. As a part timer I stay for the opportunity to go full-time.

When I started eight dollars was a little bit higher than most places were paying, but I did not really go for the money I was going to school. Later, I did not stay for the money. As a part timer I stay for the opportunity to go full-time.
That was my goal also was to go driving.
That's where the money is at but the part-timers do not understand that.

So if part-time we can get paid $30 an hour or even got driving starting out at $21 an hour?

Nah
That was my goal also was to go driving.
That's where the money is at but the part-timers do not understand that.

So if part-time we can get paid $30 an hour or even got driving starting out at $21 an hour?
At $30/hr, 4 hours a day...

They can maintain their living in a tight apartment with 3 roommates, smoking weed, and drinking lifestyle forever. It's their dream come true.

AKCoverMan

Just tell em Carole doesn't want anyone forced to work a sixth punch If they don’t want to.

“Teamsters fully acknowledge that but have worried about the pressures placed on our workforce with weekend operations. And they refer to that as the sixth punch, which is when people work six days a week. We share the same concerns. I don't want people working six days a week unless they want to.”
-Carole Tomé on 4QTR earnings report to Wall Street press

Pullman Brown

Just tell em Carole doesn't want anyone forced to work a sixth punch If they don’t want to.

“Teamsters fully acknowledge that but have worried about the pressures placed on our workforce with weekend operations. And they refer to that as the sixth punch, which is when people work six days a week. We share the same concerns. I don't want people working six days a week unless they want to.”
-Carole Tomé on 4QTR earnings report to Wall Street press

More like Im going to get everything out of them now under this contract until I can’t because we are going to maximize those profits. If you don’t want them working six days then why are they now?

Last edited:

AKCoverMan

More like Im going to get everything out of them now under this contract until I can’t because we going to maximize those profits. If you don’t want them working six days then why are they now?
I get it. But if they ever call to force me (unlikely we don’t have Sat ground and I’m high up seniority ladder) I’ll certainly be quoting the CEOs words to the center manager. 🤣🤣

Trucker Clock

With no kids…….That part is very important.

No, that is not important.

If you were stupid enough to have kids before you can afford them, that is not on me. I don't need to give you more per hour than the job entails just to support your kids, that you should never have had yet.

And if you were stupid enough to have kids by accident before you can afford them, again, that is on you.

Sorry, but a part time job is not designed to support kids, or raise a family on. It is a stepping stone, to get by for the time being. A stepping stone to get a full time job to then be able to have kids and raise a family.