So who called off today to avoid the "unsafe conditions" of this winter blast?

clean hairy

I doubt any center manager was out today doing a ride along.
Much more comfy in the heated office sending diad messages pestering drivers to make sure to deliver everything!

Star B

White Lightening
I went to work, but they sent us home because it was 'urgent deliveries only' and I didn't have anything that met that criteria.

vvv

The future of America is in these hands. we're doomed.

No need to worry, the "future" of the company won't be left for me to worry about too much longer. I should be in your shoes in the not too distant future.
I've more than paid my dues boys.

vvv

We got lectured about idle time where I am. Always nice when they remind you they care

You have to be kidding? Guess you can tell them to give it a go tomorrow if they find it so comfortable out there.
Impose a timeout on yourself and take a 4 day weekend. Be a little bitch like me. :)

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Anyone care to share if they called off today, or if you did work was the drop off in driver attendance quite noticeable in areas of the cold grip?

Sure, we can all layer up as much as needed.....but no thanks. I'm not that hungry.

So I took a neutral corner and lazed around the house. And from the looks of the forecast for tomorrow I can see the same thing playing out.

My health, safety, and sanity come first before the boxes.
I didn't even bother to call off.

JustDeliverIt

Went in today. Left the building late because of late air. Was a white out all day, couldn't see across the intersection at stop lights. They ended up calling us in a little after 1 at our center due to every town having a driving ban.
Got a message that emergency conditions are still expected tomorrow so just air is supposed to be going out.

iowa boy

We have been lectured the last two days about both our idle times and our recording while idling. Had one in town driver with over 100 recording while idlings, but kudos to us for no recording while driving over the last 2 days.

Gotta love this company.