So who called off today to avoid the "unsafe conditions" of this winter blast?

JustDeliverIt

We have been lectured the last two days about both our idle times and our recording while idling. Had one in town driver with over 100 recording while idlings, but kudos to us for no recording while driving over the last 2 days.

Gotta love this company.

Yeah, they have said something to us as well. And then today happens. I think I shut my truck off for 2 of the few stops I was able to get off. And that was just by habit. I quickly fired it back up after I opened the bulkhead so it stayed warm while I delivered.

Rack em

Made the Podium
We have been lectured the last two days about both our idle times and our recording while idling. Had one in town driver with over 100 recording while idlings, but kudos to us for no recording while driving over the last 2 days.

Gotta love this company.
A couple weeks ago we were getting POUNDED with snow all day. When the snow hit my windshield it kept freezing instantly making it so I couldn't see out of either windshield so I had no choice but to leave my truck running to prevent the snow from instantly freezing or else I would have to scrape my windshield after every stop. The safest thing to do was for me to leave the truck running so that's what I did, and yes I had to explain that to my supervisor the next morning. If he would have given me any grief about it then my "numbers" would be at an all time low during the next snow storm.

WTFm8

Over the years, I took plenty of sick days just because I didn't feel like working. Golf days, fishing days and just plain mental health days.

I never called off due to the weather.

Sounds like you did... but because of nice days instead of crappy days.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I went in yesterday and during the snowstorm we got on Tuesday. I wasn’t able to finish about a quarter of the work both days since I’m on a rural route. I did call it quits last night -20 with 30mph winds was making snow mounds 3 and 4 feet deep in the road that you can’t see at night. Clean up today and tomorrow and relax for two days.