Social Security

SS is only supposed to cover 40% of your Working income.
Medicare payments are taken from your monthly check , or if you wait until FRA ( full retirement age ) they will bill you every 3 months.
The fund will be broke come 2032. At which time one can plan on a reduction of 30%-40% from your check.
Expecting the government will have all the answers is a pipe dream.
You are the only one responsible for your retirement income.
The Teamsters only allow a job of 20 hrs / week post retirement and they have to approve it first.
Depends on where you are at. I can work any job during retirement, just not for a competitor

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Fact altering republican hit piece. Reagan taxed it, not Clinton. Johnson did not spend the money. He only used it for accounting purposes so the SS surplus could offset the federal deficit on paper. The govt borrows from SS and pays it back with interest. I would like to hear all these fat old republicans today if it would have stayed as a 1% tax as originally promised.
Come on Dude! Naive you are.

PT Car Washer

Who's plan is best for saving Social Security?

I wonder how much trumps Social Security check is? Why are any self described billionaires collecting SS?

rickyb

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I wonder how much trumps Social Security check is? Why are any self described billionaires collecting SS?
The max is around $4800 per month. If you are collecting that much you contributed a ton of money to the plan so collect away.

Time to stop the Medi-Scare and work out a plan.

Personally, I would over time, phase out early withdrawal to make the minimum age to start collecting 65. They started early withdrawal back in the late 50's when life expectancy was only around 67 vs. 79 currently.