Social Security

Thebrownblob

The max is around $4800 per month. If you are collecting that much you contributed a ton of money to the plan so collect away.

Time to stop the Medi-Scare and work out a plan.

Personally, I would over time, phase out early withdrawal to make the minimum age to start collecting 65. They started early withdrawal back in the late 50's when life expectancy was only around 67 vs. 79 currently.
Interesting that you’re OK with the government stealing your money, and changing the rules so you get less. But if your brothers and sisters in the central borrow a little, you’re pretty upset.😝

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I wonder how much trumps Social Security check is? Why are any self described billionaires collecting SS?

Yea…like Trump is the only one doing it. Is Biden collecting his ?

guessing these “self described billionaires” are waiting till 70…seriously their SS benefits are pocket change compared to the rest of their assets.

PT Car Washer

The max is around $4800 per month. If you are collecting that much you contributed a ton of money to the plan so collect away.

Time to stop the Medi-Scare and work out a plan.

Personally, I would over time, phase out early withdrawal to make the minimum age to start collecting 65. They started early withdrawal back in the late 50's when life expectancy was only around 67 vs. 79 currently.
There is a cap on how much you contribute to SS. I remember a lot of delivery drivers would hit the cap in early December.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Interesting that you’re OK with the government stealing your money, and changing the rules so you get less. But if your brothers and sisters in the central borrow a little, you’re pretty upset.😝
Social security is what it is. We are stuck with it. I also know that the plan must adjust for longer lifespans or it will not work.

Our pensions are not the same as the SS plan because each plan is different, independent, and private. My only beef with what SOB did was unequal future contributions to each plan. If you want to do that, membership should vote on it.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Social security is what it is. We are stuck with it. I also know that the plan must adjust for longer lifespans or it will not work.

Our pensions are not the same as the SS plan because each plan is different, independent, and private. My only beef with what SOB did was unequal future contributions to each plan. If you want to do that, membership should vote on it.
Yes, our pensions are very similar to Social Security. It’s a defined benefit and annuity and the membership did vote on it. It was approved by over 80%. You say Social Security is what it is, but then, on the other hand, they can change it whenever they want just like our pension. I don’t think you understand any of this at all lol. I agree there are different plans, but apparently they feel we are one union and apparently the trustees of these pension plans agreed. Voting on our contract will be a heck of a lot more than we’ll get to vote on Social Security.

Thebrownblob

THE MATRIX has him
I don’t think the matrix has him, but I do think most people forget the idea of a union is that we all stick together. If you have half the country with a pension that they can’t survive on when they retire, you won’t have a Union very long. And you also won’t have a pension at all.

rickyb

I don’t think the matrix has him, but I do think most people forget the idea of a union is that we all stick together. If you have half the country with a pension that they can’t survive on when they retire, you won’t have a Union very long.
yes gerald celente mentioned states breaking away

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yes, our pensions are very similar to Social Security. It’s a defined benefit and annuity and the membership did vote on it. It was approved by over 80%. You say Social Security is what it is, but then, on the other hand, they can change it whenever they want just like our pension. I don’t think you understand any of this at all lol. I agree there are different plans, but apparently they feel we are one union and apparently the trustees of these pension plans agreed. Voting on our contract will be a heck of a lot more than we’ll get to vote on Social Security.
When I say vote on it, I meant as a separate vote. The contract passed because of the raise.

What is your thinking on saving Social Security?

Thebrownblob

When I say vote on it, I meant as a separate vote. The contract passed because of the raise.

What is your thinking on saving Social Security?
They’re never going to have a separate vote for a contractual issue like pensions Wally.

And I believe a lot like you on Social Security it’s unsustainable, the point is they can change it whenever they want. It’s not “it is what it is” like you said it’s whatever they say whenever they say. And you don’t even get to vote on that. But somehow you think that’s fair?

We’ve heard the term kick the can down the road for a long time but I wonder what happens when there’s no more road to kick the can down ? I think I know and I don’t like what I think might happen.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I still have a year before I'll collect SS.
I'm expecting around $3700 / month.
Not bad for a Exceptional Air Driver.