Some preloaders today threatened write up if clock out

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Dude, just because you're management it doesnt mean that you can lie about and withhold the true conditions of work for part timers. Your garbage post makes me sick.

They dont tell you that most of the people in your work area will quit due to abuse and pay that doesnt equal the effort put forth to complete the job leaving you with extra hours to cover that you didnt sign up for.

The company's inability to keep employees puts a huge strain on the remaining workers and that issue is not the existing part timers fault.
You care about workers safety and well being? I think not.
View attachment 209324
View attachment 209325
View attachment 209329
Gee, I wonder why the turnover and injury rate is so high?

Reality is never trumped.
That's an egress issue. Shut off the belt until it's cleaned up.

Dr.Brownz

But that's the job they agreed to, HR is very clear about this in orientation, and no one put a gun to their heads to sign up on the website and show up for an interview.

Don't come, apply for the job, get hired, and then assume you can do whatever you want when you get here because you feel the pay is inadequate. You had agency and agreed to come work for the wage offered.

Have a tissue, dry those eyes honey boo boo

F

Frankie's Friend

Then quit and find another one if they don't like the terms.

I mean they are free to quit if they want. No job at ups has set hours. We all know that.

If you're walking out before the boss says you can leave that's job abandonment.
They are quitting. Therein lies the point ... and the problem.
The rest of the workforce is being forced to cover the absenteeism and insufficiently staffed operation.

That's an egress issue. Shut off the belt until it's cleaned up.
No worries. OSHA has been in that facility for a couple weeks getting testimonies and taking care of the egress violations.

FYI: the belt(s) are getting shut off and supes have them turned back on. That's why OSHA's there. Anything else?

Last edited by a moderator:

bumped

But that's the job they agreed to, HR is very clear about this in orientation, and no one put a gun to their heads to sign up on the website and show up for an interview.

Don't come, apply for the job, get hired, and then assume you can do whatever you want when you get here because you feel the pay is inadequate. You had agency and agreed to come work for the wage offered.

I find the HR is usually not very clear about anything. I'm sure HR probably told the OP, sure, no problem, you'll be off at such and such time to get to class.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I mean they are free to quit if they want. No job at ups has set hours. We all know that.

If you're walking out before the boss says you can leave that's job abandonment.

There has to be some give and take. The only reason a lot of part timers can even afford to work for UPS is because they have second and/or third job. If you can't make it to your second job on time because a preload sup won't "let" you leave you won't be keeping that second job for very long. You don't keep that second job, you can't afford to work for UPS anymore. Doesn't exactly make sense for UPS to screw over the employees who actually care about getting to work on time. I was lucky enough to have a second job that was pretty flexible, most others aren't so lucky, and UPS needs to respect that.
And management can call it whatever they want, the actual definition of job abondonment is leaving a job with no intention of returning, not simply leaving before getting "permission". It is an administrative designation so hr can put something in the file when they terminate someone who no call no shows for several days. Most companies, UPS included in areas with strong locals, give you three days of ncns before calling it job abandonment.

Brownslave688

They are quitting. Therein lies the point ... and the problem.
The rest of the workforce is being forced to cover the absenteeism and insufficiently staffed operation.

No worries. OSHA has been in that facility for a couple weeks getting testimonies and taking care of the egress violations.

FYI: the belt(s) are getting shut off and supes have them turned back on. That's why OSHA's there. Anything else?
The staffing issue is a ups issue not really our problem. That's a big part of the reason the union shouldn't give 2 :censored2:s about starting pay and should focus on pay after a few years here.

I know everywhere is different but i had plenty of sups turn back on belts when I was a sorter. I just shut them right back off. Only gonna slow me down more if they keep turning them back on.

Brownslave688

There has to be some give and take. The only reason a lot of part timers can even afford to work for UPS is because they have second and/or third job. If you can't make it to your second job on time because a preload sup won't "let" you leave you won't be keeping that second job for very long. You don't keep that second job, you can't afford to work for UPS anymore. Doesn't exactly make sense for UPS to screw over the employees who actually care about getting to work on time. I was lucky enough to have a second job that was pretty flexible, most others aren't so lucky, and UPS needs to respect that.
And management can call it whatever they want, the actual definition of job abondonment is leaving a job with no intention of returning, not simply leaving before getting "permission". It is an administrative designation so hr can put something in the file when they terminate someone who no call no shows for several days. Most companies, UPS included in areas with strong locals, give you three days of ncns before calling it job abandonment.
Then you're saying the second job is more important than ups.

I get the point but management is free to make business decisions. Is it 100% fair? No but life isn't fair.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Then you're saying the second job is more important than ups.

I get the point but management is free to make business decisions. Is it 100% fair? No but life isn't fair.

I'm saying that in a lot of cases UPS is only possible because of the second job. If the company wants to terminate a part timer for trying to keep a second job, that's on them. They shouldn't call it job abondonment, which makes it sound like a voluntary quit. Eventually they will run out of qualified people to throw into their meat grinder, oh wait, that's already happening.

F

Frankie's Friend

The staffing issue is a ups issue not really our problem. That's a big part of the reason the union shouldn't give 2 :censored2:s about starting pay and should focus on pay after a few years here.

I know everywhere is different but i had plenty of sups turn back on belts when I was a sorter. I just shut them right back off. Only gonna slow me down more if they keep turning them back on.
The staffing issue is a ups issue?
No doubt.
And it bleeds onto the workforce as a whole.
You keep repeating my point.

Btw: not everyone has the spine to keep turning off the belts. That's why osha has the last word.
They asked for the government intervention and they got it.
Pick your poison.

Brownslave688

The staffing issue is a ups issue?
No doubt.
And it bleeds onto the workforce as a whole.
You keep repeating my point.

Btw: not everyone has the spine to keep turning off the belts. That's why osha has the last word.
They asked for the government intervention and they got it.
Pick your poison.
Oh I'm stoked for you all that OSHA is there

SameRightsForAll

Get this. Today I over heard some loaders try to leave after their shift was over at 9 because one had school and the other had another job. They were being made to clean up and load the other belts because ups is so cheap they don’t want to pay for the guys they need. A union steward ended up going with them to clock out and made damn sure the sup was set straight. I can’t believe that :censored2: would try to threaten them like that.

A direct threat like this is a verbal intimidation, coercion, and has protection.

unloady

I work a second a job and have been threatened multiple times. They always say "this is a real job" or "choose your career". Sorry, i can't take care of a family or let alone pay rent on less than $200 a week.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I don't know why they would keep the whole of preload hostage after 9, by 8:30 or so the entirety of unload and %25 of preload should be completely done with their work and moving to other parts of the building.

Seniority, force from the bottom ask from the top would fix this since most high seniority folk would love to stay longer.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Whatever happened to working your other job(s) around pt ups? Thousands have done it. Thousands are doing it right now.

What's the top pay at any of your other jobs? What about benefits? Look at the big picture

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Whatever happened to working your other job(s) around pt ups? Thousands have done it. Thousands are doing it right now.

What's the top pay at any of your other jobs? What about benefits? Look at the big picture
Could be some hot chicks at the other job Poopster?