Sooo

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I know lots of people that buy everything on credit cards then pay it off at the end of the month.
We taught our college kids to do that and they do it religiously to build their credit, but aside from rewards programs I don't see any benefit in credit cards. Easier to just use the debit cards and have one less bill to pay at the end of the month.

rod

Retired 22 years
I know lots of people that buy everything on credit cards then pay it off at the end of the month.

We've done that for years. Its all on an automatic payment plan. Never paid a dime in credit card interest---ever. Yes we (my wife actually) go over the monthly printout from the credit card company with a fine tooth comb to make sure everything is accounted for. We use the free air miles for our trips to visit the grandkids. Credit cards are good if you make them work for you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We taught our college kids to do that and they do it religiously to build their credit, but aside from rewards programs I don't see any benefit in credit cards. Easier to just use the debit cards and have one less bill to pay at the end of the month.
Well one of the beauties of it is what you're liable for. If someone steals your credit card number you just dispute the charges and that's that. Debit card not so easy and we are talking actual money not credit.