Sorry to bother people here.

jonsidneyb

The UPS Store might be able to help you. They are a franchise. Not affiliated with us, but they are serviced by UPS.

The UPS Store did get me an answer. UPS customer service still says there is no issue and that the service center here is not answering the phones.

The UPS Store told me that UPS of a town called Stillwater would be taking over service here but that it has not begun yet.

jonsidneyb

We do know what is going on now. The only place that was able to offer any information was the UPS Store.

They told us that a center 45 miles to the south would be taking over the area but that it has not happened yet.

I tried to pass on this information to the call center for the other people calling them about this issue. The call center again tried to call the destroyed building to get a confirmation that they are down. I keep telling them they are not going to answer the phone.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We do know what is going on now. The only place that was able to offer any information was the UPS Store.

They told us that a center 45 miles to the south would be taking over the area but that it has not happened yet.
Considering the building was destroyed, you might have to wait a couple of weeks.

bluehdmc

Don't know if this will help, sometimes I've found when dealing with customer service reps from India, Pakistan, Phillipines, where ever. I ask to speak to a supervisor, the CS reps basically seem to be reading from a script. If it ain't on the script, they can't help. I have them tell me, "You don't need a supervisor do handle this."
I spent a day going round and round with a satellite radio call center once. Guess who doesn't have sat radio anymore. I've had similar problems with other places, tried hanging up and calling again, once actually got a cs rep in North Dakota!
I was actually able to explain my problem to her, (since she understood american english), and was able to get the problem resolved.
Good Luck!

jonsidneyb

Thanks everyone. I finally got all the information I needed. UPS is usually fine, it just seems when things go wrong the CS reps are no help. When things are go right you don't need the CS reps. The CS reps seem to only be prepared for the info that you can find on the website. I have respect for how hard the work must be for the sorters and delivery people.