Sorter Pay during Pre-Seniority?

Box

Handle with Care
Question about becoming a sorter during Pre-Seniority.

If a new hire certifies as a sorter with a passing score, and is then moved to the Sort Aisle, when do they receive the extra dollar per hour? Does it happen after attaining seniority, or as soon as they are certified and working in the sort aisle?

Thank you!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
My son got is immediately. That was a few years ago he left after graduating college . Got his sort raise early ,exhausted his earn and learn bucks then said "adios"

tadpole

As soon as you're certified you should get your raise. Gotta make sure the sup puts you in the system as certified.

If you're not yet certified, you still get skilled pay for the whole day if you perform a skilled job for at least an hour.

flatbread

Occasional Lurker
I started getting the extra dollar without having taken the test. Other people I knew were not getting the raise and were told that they would get the raise when they passed the test. Then they kept repeatedly asking to take the test to no avail. Fun times.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I started getting the extra dollar without having taken the test. Other people I knew were not getting the raise and were told that they would get the raise when they passed the test. Then they kept repeatedly asking to take the test to no avail. Fun times.

Typical UPS BS things never change. I had to fight to get the $1.00 19 years ago.
How would you like to be asked to come in and work on Saturday only to find out on payday that the sup did not put your hours in. Messing with people's money really frosts my cookies.

nj2015

The sort aisle is skilled? I started as a loader, so I got my extra dollar that way, then moved to the sort aisle. Didn't know sort was considered skilled. Hell of a lot easier than loading.

What's unskilled then? Unloader? Splitter?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The contract states pre-loader/sorter. With smart scan not many people need to read anymore. Pick off, sort aisle, or anybody who needs to read to get there job accomplished should get the extra $1.00